Job description / Role
Location: Doha, Qatar
In fast changing markets, customers worldwide rely on Thales. Thales is a business where brilliant people from all over the world come together to share ideas and inspire each other. In aerospace, transportation, defence, security and space, our architects design innovative solutions that make our tomorrow's possible.
We have been present in Qatar for over 35 years and with over 350 employees to date and we are growing rapidly. Thales in Qatar is part of our Middle East business that has 1,800 people across Egypt, Iraq, Kuwait, KSA, Lebanon, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar and UAE. Our people are working on two major urban rail projects; the Doha Metro and Lusail Tramway and providing security and communications systems for Hamad International Airport and Doha Port as well as delivering world-class In-Flight entertainment and Connectivity systems.
We are currently looking for a Procurement Project Manager to join the Thales team in Qatar.
Role & Responsibilities:
The Procurement Project Manager main mission is to develop and promote Thales procurement competitiveness internally as well as externally (customer, consortium, etc...).
- To challenge the acquisition needs and requirements and to promote design to cost analysis with the suppliers, during the definition phase of the solution, in order to increase the competitiveness of the solution and to define the acquisition strategy whilst taking into account:
- The offer available on the market / the accessible innovations or breakthroughs on the market
- The Make or Buy analysis (both structural and project-oriented)
- The prime contract requirements, with an appropriate flow down according to the acquisition context
- The access to Market criteria (KIP, partnership, ToT)
- The Thales Group Procurement policies
- The acquisition needs within the Bid/ Project / Product, to organize these needs into Procurement work packages
- The legal and regulatory requirements (export control, environmental rules, social regulations)
- To validate the availability of offers on the market of the product or project design.
- To define the resulting acquisition plan, in order to optimize the cost of the purchased parts, with the support of the Global Category Managers/Category Managers/Category Buyers
- To commit the Procurement Directorate to the cost and competitiveness of the purchased part (in BID phase) through the Procurement Executive Summary (PES) presented at Gate 2
- To execute the acquisition plan (in project phase / product development and production phase)in accordance with the allocated targets ( Time, Quality, Total Cost of Ownership, Risks & Opportunities )and update the procurement dashboard
- To liaise with operational teams and Category Buyers to monitor the execution of the Procurement plan
- To define and monitor the contractual requirements of the acquisition
- To comply with the "Manage Acquisition" process as per Chorus 2 and use the acquisition tools in place in the organization ( e-Acquisition, ERP) for all activities
Desired Experience & Skills:
- Experience in Procurement is necessary. Experience in designing / project solutions for customer will be a plus.
- Open minded (listen, share ideas) and bring added value / capture innovation
- Capability to animate international multi organization project (or bid) teams (requester, Global Category Managers/Category Managers/Category Buyers, contract management)
- Capability to speak out and to handle conflicts / problem resolution
- To be agile (adapt in a complex environment, open to multi-cultural aspects )
- Excellent intercommunication in written and verbal formats in his environment
- Ability to prioritize tasks while meeting deadlines in high-pressure environment
- Develop network and team spirit
- Able to synthesize a global view of a complex problem
- Bachelor's/Master's Degree or equivalent
- Procurement certification such as CIPS and EIPM will be a plus
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!
About the Company
With operations in 50 countries and 68,000 employees, Thales is a world leader in mission-critical information systems for defence and security, aerospace and transportation.
Building on its expertise in the most sophisticated technologies and large-scale software systems, Thales is stepping up to the security challenges of its customers in an increasingly complex world. With its global network of 22,500 high-level researchers, Thales has earned particular recognition for its ability to develop and deploy dual civil and military technologies. Leveraging its international operations and spanning the entire value chain from equipment to systems and services, Thales is playing a pivotal role in making the world a safer place.