Job description / Role
Position: Procurement & Supply Chain Manager
Section : Procurement and Supply Chain
Company : Nakilat - Keppel Offshore & Marine Ltd
Location : Ras Laffan / Qatar
Preference Will Be Given To Qatari Nationals
Job Summary and Purpose
Lead and effectively managed all procurement activity including but not limited to:
• Contracts management and administration, transactional activity, including tracking
• Supplier management, including contractor, sub-contractors and sub-sub contractors when applicable.
• Sourcing Strategy
• Performance monitoring,
• Warehousing, Inventory and Logistic
• Aim to reduce the cost, optimize value, decrease the cost per unit, and deliver optimum performance for growth
• Provide best practice to the End User and guidance on Supply P&Ps
• Ensure the full integrity of the Supply process and be accountable for it.
• The Definition of Requirements for all Procurement and Supply Chain aspects for all projects (Repair, Conversion and New Build).
• Sourcing Goods and Services for all projects and their associated activities timely and within budget.
• Management of all user requirements of the relevant internal ERP systems and the active development and implementation of eProcurement systems across NKOM to procure goods electronically using a third party hosted marketplace.
• Negotiations with internal project teams and external suppliers to deliver most economically sound outcome with lowest risk and highest return for NKOM shareholders.
• Analysis of all offers and arrangements and the assessment of the most appropriate outcome.
• Conduct relevant Contract Negotiations and legal closure in conjunction with legal and project staff.
• Monitoring and management of procurement of goods and services including contracts for all subcontractors.
• Establish and implement a structured procurement strategy for all major Engineering Procurement Construction (EPC) projects.
• Management of all warehousing and logistics operations including those for remote operations and sites in support of all facilities and projects.
• Optimization of all inventory stock levels and associated stockholding requirements for NKOM to deliver the most economically attainable access to stocks on hand to deliver to projects as required.
• Delivery on time and within budget from external sources of supply such as overseas suppliers (e.g. steel mills) through the various logistics, port and customs processes including the resolution of all impediments to supply.
• Overall management, leadership, strategic vision and direction for the Procurement and Supply Chain department working across the range of NKOM work.
• Manage the challenges associated with conflicting priorities and change in demand due to rapid business growth
• Ensure that the Service Level agreement (SLA) are in place and follow the objectives strictly
• Define, implement and manage the various procurement categories
• Optimize existing contracts in term of efficiency, cost and value
• Identify opportunities for synergies, consolidation and standardization
• Ensure obtaining End User buy in at all stages of contracts management to ensure the smooth implementation of contracts
• Establish regular KPI’s and Supplier scorecard and standardize this KPIs amongst the various categories
• Optimize Supplier Databased based on research conducted internal / external sourcing
• Implement and develop an effective supplier relationship approach with vendors, covering performance follow up, Supplier risk management, Supplier improvement plans, etc.
• Record, follow up and provide answer to the failure of contracted suppliers, monitor incidents (i.e. goods/services not meeting the standard or incorrect goods/services supplied by the vendor) and take required actions.
• Perform vendors audit at prequalification and evaluation stages to ensure compliance with N-KOM requirement.
• Manage overall contracting cycle “end to end” activities related to pre-award and post award stages, and administer the contracts during their entire life, including the issuance, review, and renewal.
• Evaluate the risk of the contract and ensure that appropriate protections are in place.
• Provide expert advice on Shipyard services and goods to internal and external stakeholders
• Prepare and recommend procurement strategy to the proper TOFA holder, including LTC, along with the related analysis/evaluation for review and award considerations (based on technical & commercial factors).
• Perform regular market analysis and benchmarks on respective categories of goods and services and feedback the outcome to the End User.
• Implement and support the development of unified policy, processes, and initiatives through adoption of best-in-class practices to improve cost, quality, delivery of services and goods.
• Ensure that all activities are done in compliance with existing P&Ps, company code of ethics and business conduct and with relevant regulation.
• Liaise with relevant internal departments and customers.
• Build and maintain healthy relationships with new and existing suppliers.
• Work with the internal departments to streamline and optimize the processes to improve the efficiency of the section.
Conduct internal and external annual audits for the department in support of the Company’s commitment to ISO 9001, 14001, OHSAS 18001 certification, TMSA requirements as well as internal control requirements and work closely with the SHEQ and internal audit to implement corrective actions for the purpose of rectifying deviations that were identified during audits and modify processes to ensure compliance with the objectives of the Company.
• Keep abreast of new legislations, government policy, best practices, and relevant external factors related to contracting activities.
• Ensure that transparency, fairness and integrity are maintained throughout the complete contract management process.
• Carry out any other duties as directed by the immediate supervisor
Key Result Areas
• Establishment of contractual conditions & process with suppliers of materials & services for optimal Company benefit a fair practice.
• Supply of quality, timely and cost-effective materials & services to Operations in line with plans and requests.
• Organized, traceable and systemized inventory as to optimize inventory levels for both production needs and balance/profit & loss sheet impact.
• Efficient and cost-effective logistical services internally and externally.
• Comply with the P&Ps and promote them to internal stakeholders.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
• Master’s Degree in Procurement and Supply Chain
• Membership of CIPS (Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply)
• 10 Years' experience in Supply chain, where 5 years out of which should be in a managerial position such as Supply Manager, Procurement Manager or procurement Director
• Profant experience in handling contracts for various disciplines with compels procedures and policies
• Proven experience of vendor management and contract management is required
• Relevant shipyard or EPC experience is mandatory
About the Company
N-KOM is one of Middle East's leading shipyards, offering a comprehensive range of marine services as well as solutions for the oil and gas industry.
Strategically located at the heart of oil and gas activities in the Arabian Gulf, Nakilat-Keppel Offshore & Marine (N-KOM) combines a wealth of experience and expertise from its parent companies Qatar Gas Transport Company (Nakilat) and Keppel Offshore & Marine (KOM), to provide repair, conversion and construction services for marine vessels, offshore and onshore structures.
Spanning over 50 hectares, the comprehensive facility is equipped with two graving docks and a floating dock that can easily accommodate VLCCs, quays and piers offering a total berthage capacity of 3,150m, a range of workshops ideally situated in front of the drydocks, more than 500,000sqm of fabrication area and sub-contractor facilities on-site, thus enhancing the shipyard's flexibility and capabilities.
With a team of experienced industry professionals, extensive infrastructure and track record of safe, quality and timely project executions, N-KOM has rapidly established itself as the preferred shipyard in the Middle East.