Production Engineer - Shipwright
Nakilat Keppel Offshore & Marine (N-KOM)
Job description / Role
Job Summary and Purpose
As a Subject Matter Expert (SME), the Production Engineer provides the technical problem-solving ability for production engineering process and planning. The Production Engineer leads work teams and controls production process for initial blast and painting process, to a high quality & auditable standard that is consistent with contract work scope, statutory & code requirements, Integrated Management System (IMS) procedures, design parameters, site survey inputs, specifications, stress inputs and vendor data.
• Ensure implementation of approved departmental policies, processes, procedures and provide instructions to subordinates and monitor their adherence.
• Lead and control work force engaged in all activities concerned with the Shipwright aspects of the project to ensure the work is completed within the allocated manhour/resources.
• Attend VSCC, onboard production meeting, section review meetings and highlight issues on SHEQ’s and production if any.
• Co-ordinate work progress with project managers, superintendent, other trades and with his own department.
• Liaise with Invoicers / Estimators to ensure that commercial targets are met.
• Organise and supervise the activities and work of a small team of subordinates to ensure that all work within a specific area of departmental activity is carried out in an efficient and procedurally compliant manner.
• Prepare departmental reports on time & accurately to meet company & department requirements, policies & standards.
• Manage subcontractor jobs by coordinating with subcontractor supervisors and foreman for lumpsum jobs and labor supply contractors.
• Liaise with external representatives such as owner representatives, class surveyor in all the matters related to product requirements, work specifications, drawings and ensure completion of the task.
• Initiate site instructions, technical queries, work completion certifications for all the onboard jobs.
• Coordinate plans, drawings, answering of enabling notes, nonconformance reports.
• Carryout checking of the sub-contractors timesheets, invoices of lumpsum jobs and approving their invoices.
• Check the status of material and coordinate for raising the purchase requests.
• Comply with all relevant safety, quality and environmental management policies, procedures and controls to ensure a healthy and safe work environment.
• Perform other related duties or assignments as directed on order to contribute to the continuous operations of the department.
Qualifications, Experience and Job Skills
• A Diploma or a Degree in Naval Architecture, Marine Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or its equivalent.
• Level 1 National Association of Corrosion Engineers (N.A.C.E) - Desirable
• Experience in ship repairing and ship construction yard.
• At least 5 years of experience as Supervisor or in similar position in Marine or New building Yard.
• Knowledge of all types of surface preparation and coating systems
Job Specific Competencies:
• Knowledge and Experience in ship repair and new building yard.
• Knowledge of Blasting standards and all types of surface preparation
• Knowledge of Painting specification & classification of paints.
• Knowledge in all types of paint application methods
• Knowledge in assessment of areas for blasting and painting i.e., quantity surveying
About the Company
N-KOM is one of Middle East's leading shipyards, offering a comprehensive range of marine services as well as solutions for the oil and gas industry.
Strategically located at the heart of oil and gas activities in the Arabian Gulf, Nakilat-Keppel Offshore & Marine (N-KOM) combines a wealth of experience and expertise from its parent companies Qatar Gas Transport Company (Nakilat) and Keppel Offshore & Marine (KOM), to provide repair, conversion and construction services for marine vessels, offshore and onshore structures.
Spanning over 50 hectares, the comprehensive facility is equipped with two graving docks and a floating dock that can easily accommodate VLCCs, quays and piers offering a total berthage capacity of 3,150m, a range of workshops ideally situated in front of the drydocks, more than 500,000sqm of fabrication area and sub-contractor facilities on-site, thus enhancing the shipyard's flexibility and capabilities.
With a team of experienced industry professionals, extensive infrastructure and track record of safe, quality and timely project executions, N-KOM has rapidly established itself as the preferred shipyard in the Middle East.