Production Engineer (Welding)
Qatar Gas Transport Company (Nakilat)
Job description / Role
Position: Production Engineer (Welding)
Company: Nakilat - Keppel Offshore & Marine Ltd
Location: Ras Laffan / Qatar
Job Summary and Purpose
Responsible for compliance that all welding and related activities meet requirements as specified in applicable codes/standards/rules. Also to update the yard welding processes to meet the customer requirements and best practices.
1. Take charge of welding process compliance with national and international standards, class rules and legislations in the yard.
2. Provide technical feedback to project team on contract requirements related to welding.
3. Coordination with third party inspection for the project and issue work orders for inspections and / or testing.
4. Act as a technical expertise in the development of specific procedures, techniques, check lists, sequences or any other welding related requirements.
5. Incharge of updating and filing, all relevant welding engineering documents by project.
6. Issue, maintain and revalidate welders’ qualification test records for quality and audit purposes.
7. Monitor process of welding and welding related equipment validation and calibration.
8. Provide technical leadership to subordinates to ensure that all work within a specific area of departmental activity is carried out in an efficient and procedurally compliant manner.
9. Be cost conscious and contributes to the identification of opportunities for continuous improvement of systems, cost reduction and productivity improvement.
10. Comply with all relevant safety, quality and environmental management policies, procedures and controls to ensure a healthy and safe work environment.
11. Perform other related duties or assignments as directed in order to contribute to the continuous operations of the department
1. International Welding Engineer as per IIW certification program. International Codes, Class rules on welding & testing
2. Degree / Diploma in Welding or Metallurgical / Mechanical Engineering
3. Knowledge of materials and various Non-destructive testing/ Mechanical methods
1. Experience in ship repairing and ship construction yard in similar roles.
2. Minimum 5 years of experience in similar role.
About the Company
Qatar Gas Transport Company Ltd. (known as Nakilat, which means carriers in Arabic) is a Qatari-listed shipping company established by the State of Qatar to own, operate and manage LNG vessels and to provide shipping and marine-related services to a range of participants within the Qatari hydrocarbon sector. Nakilat is an integral component of the supply chain of some of the largest, most advanced energy projects in the world undertaken by Qatar Petroleum, Qatargas, RasGas and their joint venture partners for the State of Qatar.
Nakilat was established in 2004 and is a joint stock company owned 50% by its founding shareholders and 50% by the public. Nakilat owns 54 LNG vessels, making it the largest LNG ship owner in the world. Our fleet of vessels transport LNG produced from Qatars North Field, the worlds largest non-associated gas field with approximately 15% of the worlds total proven reserves to global markets. These vessels, ordered from Korean shipyards, incorporate the latest technology for safe, reliable and cost-effective transportation of LNG.