Job description / Role
Working as part of multi-disciplinary teams, role holders are responsible for contributing to an exceptional student experience through the delivery of teaching, research, business and enterprise engagement activity. Role holders will actively engage in research and related activities, which will inform curriculum development and delivery and raise the profile of the Department, Faculty and University nationally and internationally.
• The role holder will contribute to delivering the Faculty’s strategic priorities, which include the integration of excellent teaching, high quality research, emerging business and regional engagement development activities within an academic context.
• The role holder will be responsible for the development, organisation and delivery of curriculum content, within undergraduate programmes of the department.
• The Programme leader is responsible for the overall experience of the students on the programme, together with the management and organisation, quality assurance and continuous improvement of the programme they lead.
• Programme leader is ultimately responsible for academic leadership, management and assessment, for the programme they have been designated to lead on.
In particular, the role holder will be required to contribute to the Faculty as outlined below:
Learning and Teaching
• Expected teaching load is 3-4 modules at each Fall and Spring semesters
• Responsible for the development of the programme, delivering content and activities which reflect discipline and university best practice
• Delivery of the programme including coordination of module activity to support a positive learning experience
• To contribute to research informed learning, and the development of innovative methods of teaching, learning and assessment.
• To liaise closely with teaching, technical and administrative staff to ensure quality teaching support
• Be available to students and programme representatives, meeting the latter on a regular basis – at least twice per semester and ensure all students are informed of the response to issues raised and actions taken.
Research, Innovation and Enterprise activities
• To undertake research and scholarly activities contributing to the Faculty’s research profile and the University’s vision identified in the Corporate Strategy 2013-2017. This may include participation in institutional and collaborative research and involvement with industry stakeholders, other institutions, external organisations and other university partners.
• To supervise students’ scholarship and research activities.
• To undertake consultancy as agreed and directed by the Associate Dean for Research and Innovation
• To undertake business development activities as agreed and directed by the Associate Dean for Business and Engagement.
Academic Management and Administration
• To deliver programme and module administration
• To undertake tasks associated with student recruitment, induction and programme planning; involvement in assessment boards, course development teams etc.
• To attend Faculty, Subject, programme and University wide meetings and committees as appropriate.
• To represent the Faculty effectively in both the national and international context.
General and Academic development
• To contribute to the implementation of the Faculty’s Academic Plan. This may include:
• Planning and development of postgraduate and / or undergraduate provision.
• Programme / module evaluation and revision.
• Engagement with regional and international initiatives and collaborative ventures.
• To undertake continuous professional development and participate in staff appraisal, staff development and other post-entry training based on an assessment of individual and institutional needs.
• To undertake any other duties in the Faculty as shall be reasonably requested.
Specific Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Education
• Demonstrable expert knowledge of a relevant subject area/s.
• Experience in the design, development and delivery of successful learning and teaching programmes and related learning interventions.
• Experience of programme management on a range of academic, research and professional programmes.
• Experience of successful contribution to research both individually and through the supervision of research programmes in collaboration with others.
• Experience of fostering collaborative links, for example with international partners, industry, commerce and/or the public sector.
• Professional practice experience
• Prior experience in British University System
• Ability to teach effectively on a range of academic and professional programmes using a variety of approaches to student learning.
• Ability to produce academic outputs consistent with criteria for selection for a future Research Excellence Framework (REF) submission.
• Ability to work closely with individuals and organisations internally and externally to build collaborative links for the benefit of the University as a whole.
• Ability to plan and organise the successful delivery of all aspects of programme management.
• Able to foster a culture of collegiality, demonstrating the ability to influence and involve others.
• Ability to operate effectively in teams in a variety of roles.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, oral and written.
• Evidence of Continuous Professional Development and the ability to collaborate with others in teaching, research and consultancy.
• Doctorate qualification in a relevant subject discipline (or exceptionally, doctoral equivalent through demonstration of academic standing in the field.)
• Post graduate and professional qualifications in a discipline relevant to the faculty.
• Higher Education Academy Fellowship
• Evidence of effective team leadership in an academic or industrial environment
• Professional qualified or at the finalist stage: a) CFA, b) CPA, c) CFP and e) CGA Canada is preferable.
About the Company
A leading Financial Organization in Qatar.