Job description / Role
No. of Vacancy: 8
• Competently deliver any technical project control requirements on planning, programming, commercial, risk and delivery matters
• Arrange planning workshops / meetings to discuss and assist Contractors / Consultants to close their planning / project control issues
• Challenge any claims and EOT requests
• Assist with developing draft Monitoring and Reporting System for management and Engineer review
• Assist with all programme control aspects for the Consultant for the monthly reports to the Engineer
• Monitor and report on design performance to design programme and cost liaise with Engineer to allow Design Project and Design Programmes to be incorporated into the Project and Programme Master Programmes
• Coordinate the resolution of variance reports relating to scheduling and cost reporting.
• Provide guidance and advice to the management team on planning issues
• Making recommendations for possible acceleration
• Develop the document control system and communication flow for the project
• Prepare risk assessment and mitigation plans.
• Provide support to the Project Controls Manager where required on project control matters
• Provide regular progress reports
• More than 5 years post graduate experience with experience in major infrastructure projects or programmes; preference will be given to roads, aviation, structures or rail related experience. Minimum of 3 years similar experience.
• University degree from a recognized university in an appropriate field such as Quantity Surveying, Commercial Management or Construction Management or Equivalent
• Current and detailed knowledge of various scheduling, cost, collaboration and other IT applications (Microsoft Word, Excel. Access, Project and Primavera P6)
• Technically proficient in all aspects of project controls such as planning, analysis and managing process and commercial considerations
• Effective in building good working relationships within complex structures, both internally and with various project stakeholders
• Professionally qualified in PMP or equivalent is preferable
• Excellent communication skills in English, written and spoken
• Driver’s License
• Must be a native Arabic speaker
• Experience of working in Qatar and / or the Gulf region
About the Company
Qatar Project Management (QPM) is an independent subsidiary of Barwa Real Estate Development Company that provides expertise in Project Management, Design Management, Construction Management, and Contract Administration together with other associated Project Management functions. Established in 2008, QPM is centralized platform for provision of Project Management services to Barwa and Qatari Diar as well as local and international markets. QPM provides these services through an in-house team of highly-skilled, motivated, and qualified professionals supported by state-of-the-art information technology and highly-effective Project Management systems.