Job description / Role
The Project Controls Manager (PCM) is a proactive project leadership role that promotes best practice for project services and assists the Project Manager in the overall successful management and achievement of the project objectives.
Overall management responsibilities include the commercial disciplines of Cost, Revenue, Planning and Scheduling, Risk, Administration, Fiscal Integrity, Change Management, Estimating, Contract, Business process compliance and maximizing margin, project stakeholder’s interface, facilitation and resolution of issues that may impact project objectives. Client management, integration and interface for Home Office and Site / Operations are also important focus responsibilities.
• Maintain awareness of and implement QPM’s project control methodologies, techniques and tools on project site.
• Assist the SPM in the development and implementation of departmental, objectives, policies and procedures
• Coordinate with SPM, QPM project team and external consultants to finalize the Project Management estimations, with stage wise schedule, milestones, deliverables, timelines, costing and budgets.
• Conduct regular project site inspections to ensure that all key project control parameters such as project costs, project schedules inspections and checks are appropriately carried out by the project team.
• Coordinate with all project parties to collate project status reports.
• Coordinate and facilitate key project reviews and workshops to include Project Execution; “Contract Review”, “Constructability Review”, “Risk Assessment Workshop”
• Perform statistical analysis to identify schedule and cost variances of project status against baseline using EVMs and calculate Schedule Performance Index (SPI) and Cost Performance Index (CPI)
• Perform and/or oversee actual to budget variance analyses and exception reporting.
• Prepare forecasts and estimations resulting from significant deviations from scheduled & Cost baselines.
• Identify project risks and implement risk management approaches.
• Analyse trends from past project reports and proactively deploy tools to prevent failures with the help of updated lesson learned documentation.
• Prepare resource forecast and leveling reports.
• Monitor project progress relative to compliance with policy, budgets and schedules
• Manage the structure and methodology for information and communication flow, storage and retrieval through an effective Document Control team.
• Interface with consultants, project team members and client for issues related to planning and scheduling activities.
• Coordinate with Project Manager and construction manager for resolution of project control issues on site.
• Coordinate with contracts department on issues and strategies related to variations and disputed claims.
• Ensure adherence to policy, cost and accounting procedures and principles.
• Attend meetings with client for all aspects of project progress.
• Advise clients on schedule and cost variances and potential project risks and suggest and seek approvals on remedial actions.
• Interface with client to respond to queries on project plan and control aspects.
• Meet client to obtain feedback on QPM’s project control methodologies and incorporate the same for improvements.
• Prepare project progress reports.
• Prepare and analyse schedule & Cost variance reports and coordinate with Project Manager for appropriate corrective and preventive actions.
• Prepare project progress reports for client as required.
• Issue consolidated close out report at the completion of the project.
• Appropriately archive all project progress data as per QPM’s policy.
• Bachelor Degree in civil engineering, construction management or related discipline
• Minimum 15 years post qualification relevant experience.
• Minimum 5 years in similar position within a Project Management organisation
• Capability in Primavera P6 essential
About the Company
Qatar Project Management (QPM) is an independent subsidiary of Barwa Real Estate Development Company that provides expertise in Project Management, Design Management, Construction Management, and Contract Administration together with other associated Project Management functions. Established in 2008, QPM is centralized platform for provision of Project Management services to Barwa and Qatari Diar as well as local and international markets. QPM provides these services through an in-house team of highly-skilled, motivated, and qualified professionals supported by state-of-the-art information technology and highly-effective Project Management systems.