We are currently looking for a Project Controls Manager for our metro project in Doha, Qatar.
• Review the Contractor’s Project Controls Plan for compliance against the Client’s Company Management System (CMS) - Project Controls and Reporting Plan and shall report to the Engineer whether it is fit for purpose, or make recommendations for improvement.
• Review the Contractor’s time programme(s) for completion of the works and report to the Engineer whether the submissions are fit for purpose, or make recommendations for improvement.
• The Controls Manager shall be capable of managing a team that will provide oversight of design, construction and supply contracts, develop and implement systems and procedures, and ensure an effective monitoring and reporting regime is implemented, that will allow effective and timely decision making.
• Report to the Client in a timely manner, any potential or actual delays / bottlenecks / problems which may affect the overall completion and provide recommendations for suitable mitigation measures.
Manage a team comprising of the below people responsible for the management of:
• Progress measurement
• Review on a monthly basis the progress of the Contractor, evaluate the percentage complete of each activity as indicated in the Contractor’s Schedule and review such percentage with the Contractor. This evaluation shall serve as an input for the schedule reports which shall be submitted to the Engineer/Client.
• Prepare weekly and monthly reports and submit to the Client after approval by the Project Director
• Prepare reports for submission to the Client on a weekly or daily basis during critical activities
• Carries out the Consultant Services required for this position and deemed to represent the minimum acceptable qualifications for the Services
• Prepare comprehensive Primavera Project P6 based Schedule, Resource and cost loaded CPM, Master Schedule and submit it for Clients review and approval as part of the Execution Program.
• Monthly update, or as required by the Client, of the Master Target Schedule, after its approval
• Produce and submit for Client’s review, a summary level Bar Chart/Report.
• Create and promote a continuous improvement approach among the team members
• Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate
• Assesses critical points in the Project Time Schedule and the consequences in case of delays, changes, claims, etc
• Contacts PMCS’s Construction Manager and project managers with regard to clarifications associated with aspects having an impact.
• After reviewing the Contractor’s Project Controls Plan for compliance against the Client’s Company Management System (CMS) - Project Controls and Reporting Plan and reporting to the Engineer whether it is fit for purpose, or make recommendations for improvement, the Controls Manager will recommend to the Engineer the issuance of a no objection certificate.
• After reviewing the Contractor’s time programme(s) for completion of the works and reporting to the Engineer whether the submissions are fit for purpose, or make recommendations for improvement, the Controls Manager will recommend to the Engineer the issuance of a no objection certificate.
• BSc, BEng, BA or Equivalent
• Has total experience of more than 20 years
• Has railway experience of at least 10 years
Demonstrate extensive experience in a similar role on a comparable international transit system.
Capable of providing planning, leadership, direction, and technical expertise to manage complex tasks and multi-discipline projects.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.
Reporting Manager - Metro
COLLOSA Qatar Contracting and Trading Company
Sommerman Skinner Associates (SSA Limited)
Senior Project Manager - Arabic Speaker - Major Infrastructure Project
Project Controls Manager - Oil and Gas
|Abu Dhabi||8 Aug|