Job description / Role
• Representing The Yard at its best and presenting it as the ”it place” to work with; which will be reflected on the company's success—in both the short and long-term.
• Play the necessary role in all aspects of projects, or events from site selection and feasibility studies to construction observation and project closeout procedures.
• Assure the company’s vision and mission are met in different aspects.
• Assure the quality and delivery upon budgets and timelines.
• Key facts and figures which give an indication of the scope and scale of the job.
• Annual Operating Budget/Project Budget/Sales Revenue: Yes
• Number of Staff Supervised: 4-8
• Direct Reports: 5-6 (sites foreman)
• Contractor/Others: The Yard’s subcontractors’ and partners’ representatives of the same level.
Key Result Areas:
• Manages day to day work progress, align projects with business goals.
• Construct detailed work plans, manage teams, achieve milestones, and communicate the result across a stakeholder audience.
• Covers all aspects of work ethics in industries as diverse as information technology, construction, healthcare (safety), marketing, media, and engineering.
• Keep projects and work progress on schedule and within scope and budget, working toward high efficiencies and flawless execution.
• Design, document, and execute multiple simultaneous high-quality projects by collaborating with all internal and external teams
• Maintain close working relationships with a team of related professionals, including engineers, construction managers, surveyors, and government representatives
• Cultivate expert knowledge of building products, construction details, regulations, and quality standards, budgets, and timelines
• Assure the legal and industry standards in design and building codes, following and setting industry trends and architectural advancements
• Guide the lead of creation of a conceptual framework for projects, Incorporating company standards, goals, and brand ideals
• Build and develop the project team to ensure maximum performance, providing purpose, direction, and motivation
• Lead projects from requirements definition through deployment, identifying schedules, scopes, budget estimations, and project implementation plans, including risk mitigation
• coordinate internal and external resources, ensuring projects remain within scope, schedule, and defined budgets, in collaboration with project staff from various functional departments
• Analyze project progress and, when necessary, adapt scope, timelines, and costs to ensure that project team adheres to project requirements
• Establish and maintain relationships with appropriate client stakeholders, providing day-to-day contact on project status and changes
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities:
• Establish and maintain processes to manage scope over the project lifecycle, setting project quality and performance standards, and assessing and managing risk within, and across, multiple projects
• Structure and manage integrated, multi-track project performance databases for multiple digital, print, social, broadcast, and experiential projects, with an eye on overall progress
• Develop and maintain partnerships with outside resources—including third-party vendors, researchers and service providers
• Monitor and assign resources appropriately to streamline project efficiency and maximize deliverable outputs
• Report project outcomes and/or risks to the appropriate management channels as needed—escalating issues as necessary based on project work plans
• Manage project development from pre-approvals for the designs through completion, meeting with clients and consultants, providing insight and assistance, and reviewing and approving consultant contract requests for payment, amendments, extensions of schedule, and contract closeout
• Lead the coordination of all disciplines to produce a comprehensive and coordinated construction document set that meets the requirements of local building code, ADA, zoning, and any other applicable law
• Prepare and present progress updates to appropriate management channels on a regular basis, ensuring the innovation, project is being achieved.
• Meet with construction professionals regarding project feasibility, managing issues with environmental impact, town planning legislations, and budget negotiation and preparation
• Attend regular meetings with clients, contractors, and specialists, and make regular site visits to check on progress
• Work closely with the Management.
• Leading suppliers to ensure the smooth coordination of projects, or events logistics
Operating Environment, Framework & Boundaries:
• The Project Manager would need to provide coordination support for all subcontractors, architects, interior designers, and fit outs fabricators for design and logistics issues.
• The Project Manager is responsible for the confidentiality and the copy rights of The Yard Qatar of any assigned project or design.
• The Project Manager is obligated to handover their assigned projects, or events to the clients and supervise the work progress physically on site to assure the quality and the time due.
• The Project Manager is the one to sign off the delivery form; upon approval of the identical delivered design of sites or venues as per the approved design drawings by the management and clients
Communications and Working Relationships:
• Required to communicate directly with the client or his/her/their representative, and all people involved in the project.
• Required to communicate with subcontractors and partners staff, interface with suppliers and clients, the management of The Yard and the company’s employees.
• Works closely with The Yard’s Administration and the management to provide informative support to ensure the smooth running of The Yard’s projects.
Problem Solving & Complexity:
• Utilizes knowledge and understanding of underlying operational issues to assist in creative designing and fit outs fabrication problem solving and plan, develop, and implement initiatives for the company’s projects; as well as, constant business communication progress.
• The ability to act immediately when necessary to meet with timelines and deliveries
• High PR and communication skills to resource services and suppliers.
Decision Making Authority & Responsibility:
• This job operates within general instructions and well-established instructions / routines and is closely supervised by The Yard’s management and its subcontractors, service providers or business partners.
• In case of emergencies on sites, events and all working venues, the Project Manager is eligible to make the necessary decisions upon verbal approvals from the management.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
• 7+ years project management experience
• Hands-on experience with developing web technologies and software platforms for maximum usability
• Proven success working with all levels of management
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Strong presentation skills
• Professional certification—including PMP/PRINCE II
• Previous success in producing deliverable software platforms
• Strong attention to deadlines and budgetary guidelines
• Experience developing in-house platforms for internal processes
• Experience coaching and educating project teams to strengthen team members’ capabilities and skill sets. Master degree or equivalent not less than 5 years’ experience in dealing with projects management with designing activities.
• High project management skills to contribute to The Yard’s growth and help us maintain our position as an innovative authority.
• Production experience as well as strong work plan development and progress oversight skills.
• Strong technical knowledge in conceptual design, building planning and detailing, construction documentation, and construction administration.
• Excellent communication and organizational skills with attention to details and client’s services.
• Fluent Arabic, English verbal and written skills.
• Ability to write technical and basic reports.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (PPT. Excel. Word) and the designing soft wares.
Any of the below software programs:
• Rhino 3D
• Revit Architecture.
Statements in this Job Description are intended to reflect, in general, the duties and responsibilities of the position, but are not to be interpreted as totally inclusive.
About the Company
A leading company in Qatar.
MAYKS HR Consulting
Project Manager - Museum Construction
|Abu Dhabi||11 Jan|
A Leading Company In Qatar