Job description / Role
• Responsible for driving project performance in terms of delivery, compliance and profit.
• Manage the day to day production on specific projects to meet deadlines accurately.
• Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
• Responsibilities include reviewing shop drawings, project submittals, etc. for document compliance; documenting code review and compliance; communicating and coordinating with management, clients, consultants and contractors related to daily business operations.
• Guide, support and manage team and designer’s duties to ensure accurate preparation of project construction documents and communication with and coordination of the preparation of documents with consultants, contractors and team members.
• Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
• Troubleshooting production issues may require visiting city/clients as necessary both domestic and internationally. Travel for projects to oversee progress and for installation will be required.
• Advanced knowledge of furniture, fixture and equipment (FF&E), architectural/interior finishes, lighting, art signage, color and materials to execute design intent.
• Develop and maintain the project schedule and distribute information in a timely manner to ensure that full compliance to the contract is adhered to
• Manage and monitor all sub-contractor's work for compliance to their contracts
• Liaise with the planning department in regards to design, engineering, production, logistic and installation scheduling
• Liaise with the commercial department and the Project Quantity Surveyor on all variations and cost implications
• Liaise with the procurement and production departments on all technical procurement issue
• Prepare, monitor and track all PCO's (Proposed Change Orders) and CO's (Change Orders)
• Prepare Daily, weekly and monthly progress reports for submission to Senior Management and client
• Attend all designated meetings in house, with the client or nominated representative, with sub-contractors, designers and on site
• Implement and maintain Occupational Health and Safety plan on site
• Set up and maintain a well-structured site office and manage onsite Fit out Supervisors
• Coordinate the flow of information between sub-contractors
• Possess excellent communication skill both Oral and Written
• Ability to work unaided and think on your own initiative
• Must be highly flexible and adaptable.
• Must have a Bachelor or Master’s degree in Engineering or Architecture or equivalent.
• Minimum of 5-8 Years of professional experience in Interior or Fit-out sector required.
• Previous project management experience in Interior fit-out of large commercial Projects such as Malls, Mixed use buildings, Airports etc.
• Track record of delivering high spec, high value projects, on time and budget
• Solid experience in project costing and scheduling and preparing responses to proposals
About the Company
One Thousand Walls W.L.L is an Interior Fit-out solutions company that is specialized in the production and/or supply of high end, customized, project based and institutional wood works and furniture. In addition to turn-key wood works we along with our partners carry over thirty-five years of experience in the retail, hospitality and commercial interior fit-out sector. ONE THOUSAND WALLS complies with international standards in supply of woodworks and furniture due to our presence with offices across the Middle East and Asia.
MISSION Our mission is to combine international expertise and best practices in commercial design and build with local knowledge, to create original and highly functional commercial interiors. The company’s founders identified a gap in the Middle East market for a company which could demonstrate consistent levels of professionalism while at the same time ensuring clients receive a personalized service, with emphasis on transparent and open communication practices. For employees, our culture rewards hard work and independent thinking, and also provides the opportunity to develop new skills and talents in a dynamic, enthusiastic team environment.
VISION The vision for 1000walls is to continue to grow the brand in the Middle East, with a particular focus on the UAE & Qatar, and set new standards and expectations of design and build services for the region. 1000walls would like to be recognized as leading the way in quality of construction, transparent pricing and processes, as well as innovative design. The long-term vision for the company is to expand its international reach and establish a presence in regions experiencing high economic growth and demand for high quality design and build services projects.
Specialties Joinery, Interior Fit-out, Design, Civil Works, MEP Works, Paint Shop, Upholstery, Glass Works, Metal Works, Procurement, Project Management, Design Studio, Cost Estimation
Project Manager (Preferred Candidate from Interior/Fit Out Company)
One Thousand Walls
Project Coordinator / Manager - Contractor - Heavy Civils/Buildings
Civil Engineer (Facilities Management)
Procurement Engineer - International Fit Out Company