Job description / Role
The Director’s role includes:
• Work with the Project Department, Service Line Coordinators (from other departments) and other stakeholders to satisfactorily deliver projects.
• Understand Client needs and resolve issues of project scope and terms of engagement (Contracts & Agreements).
• Establish project delivery strategy and work with the Projects Department in developing job plans, quality plans, securing resources, establishing work briefs and budgets.
• Assist and coach Project Managers in carrying out their functions.
• Direct projects in accordance with Client’s brief.
• Direct technical performance on projects, carry out regular reviews of adherence to the quality plan and building regulations and take corrective action as required.
• Invite Client feedback as appropriate to verify Client’s needs being met.
• Monitor financial performance on jobs.
• Monitor work progress and adherence to projects’ schedules.
• Manages the Client’s expectations and meets them by:
• Maintaining appropriate Client contact and managing Client expectations by liaison at a senior level.
• Discussing the overall objectives and specific Client brief with the Projects Department and other stakeholders to develop shared strategic approach and robust conceptual solutions.
• Monitoring job progress and informing the Client of project team’s findings that will require a change in job approach, direction or scope.
• Inviting Client’s feedback when necessary.
• Reviewing deliverables prior to issue to verify that Client’s needs, technical quality and building regulations will be met.
• Facilitating the resolution of any project disputes.
• Develop key strategies to meet overall project objectives and identify any unusual conditions or risks that may affect work progress with reference to the Company’s risk management policy. Facilitate delivery of the project in accordance with the Client brief by:
• Arranging the Consultancy agreements.
• Checking that project scope is clearly defined to meet the Client’s needs.
• Checking that the scheduling, timing and cost control tasks are carried out by the Project Managers.
• Securing the utilization of appropriate resources within the Projects Department.
• Over viewing inputs and deliverables for consistency with the job brief and job quality plan to achieve Client satisfaction, including resolving any differences between the Project stakeholders.
• Monitoring financial performance including contract values, target cost at completion, invoices, and payments.
• Contribute to the Company’s profitability by:
• Assisting Project Managers achieve desired financial outcomes.
• Monitoring and minimizing variations, claims and financial disputes of any kind.
• Provide direction, coaching and feedback to Project Managers in particular, but also to all team members. Maintain harmonious team working arrangements by:
• Securing sufficient staff resources to complete the project. Coaching and assisting Projects team.
• Degree in Civil/Architectural Engineering
• 25 years relevant experience
• Experience in high rise, hotel, mix-used buildings project
• Experience in managing a large portfolio of projects (i.e. 20 projects) at the same time
• Experience doing feasibility study, design management, construction management, and handover stage
• Experience handling local and international projects
About the Company
Qatar Project Management (QPM) is an independent subsidiary of Barwa Real Estate Development Company that provides expertise in Project Management, Design Management, Construction Management, and Contract Administration together with other associated Project Management functions. Established in 2008, QPM is centralized platform for provision of Project Management services to Barwa and Qatari Diar as well as local and international markets. QPM provides these services through an in-house team of highly-skilled, motivated, and qualified professionals supported by state-of-the-art information technology and highly-effective Project Management systems.
Director - Civil Construction
Gulf Enterprises Exports
Robinson Faris Jones - Human Resources (RFJ-HR)
Project Manager - Civils Construction
Operations Manager - Civil Buildings Contractor
BAC Middle East