Job description / Role
About the Role:
WSP are looking for a Project/Programme Director with significant experience in the successful delivery of complex and demanding multidisciplinary high rise buildings projects. The role will require strong capabilities in project leadership and management, stakeholder management, and multi geography design and construction delivery.
Project Management Services are part of WSP ME's project leadership team focused on the management of major multidisciplinary projects. The current team of 700 has a broad experience base and is made up of architects, project managers and engineers.
The team expects to grow in 2021 to meet the increasing demand in WSP ME for senior project leaders who will bring their management, technical and client management skills to the business to both improve the quality of the WSP services and strengthen our relationship with existing and new clients.
The Project Management Services team works in a flat open structure where all team members are encouraged to contribute to the development of new management and leadership techniques and to improve and build business. The team is looking to engage new Project Directors and this is an excellent opportunity for established and ambitious Project Directors to work on challenging and exciting projects.
Applications from outside of the normal engineering and project management professions will be considered provided applicants can demonstrate strong experience in project leadership of major multidiscipline built environment projects.
The specific role of the Project Director has overall responsibility for leading and inspiring the entire project team whilst maintaining control to ensure delivery is safe, on time, within budget and to a world class standard.
A typical week would include:
* Providing leadership to guide the team of managers to deliver the services needed
* Agreeing the scope of services with the Client and approving the Project Delivery Manual
* Preparing and implementing the Project Implementation Plan (PIP), Organisation Chart and Delegations and Authorities Matrix
* Being the main point of contact for the Client and other project stakeholders
* Approving the Project Strategic Planning for Work Breakdown, Cost Breakdown, Logistics and Procurement
* Approving and controlling the Program Master Integrated Schedule, Project Key dates and Milestones
* Planning resources and making sure that they are available to deliver the services needed
* Overseeing management of the Design, Procurement/Commercial, Health, Safety, Security and Environmental (HSSE), Quality, Planning, Risk, IT, Document Control/Records Management, Construction, Commissioning and Handover and Closeout
* Approve the coordination and interfacing of stakeholder and project information
* Building effective teams and providing support to staff assigned to the project
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
* 20 years experience in Project Management, working for an international consultancy, with experience in the Middle East
* Experience in the management and control of large scale of projects, particularly high rise buildings of 40 - 70 floors
* Successfully led numerous complex, large scale programmes of work across a range of clients and multi-disciplined teams, particularly high rise buildings
* You are experienced working with forecasting tools and capable of all aspects of finance management required at a director role helping ensure that your teams are financially astute and deliver up to date financial information
* You get the best out of people
* Outstanding written and spoken communication skills
* Excellent problem solving skills
* Ability to navigate through and manage complex processes
* Highly motivated, enthusiastic, dedicated and driven to achieve high standards and results
* Ability to deal with a wealth of stakeholders; strong influencing and collaboration skills
* Technically capable
* BSc (MSc)/BEng(MEng)
* PMP certification or similar
What if we can?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP - we can!
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including first class medical cover, generous days annual leave, and paid professional subscriptions.
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
Project and program management has been in WSP's DNA for decades. We have delivered thousands of projects on schedule and within budget, while ensuring that all operational requirements are safely met.
Our worldwide experts are creating the world of tomorrow. Here at WSP we do not only envision the future. We build it.
We are WSP.
WSP is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 55,000 team members across the globe. In the Middle East, our 2,100+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We are among the LinkedIn Top 25 Companies two years in a row, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World.
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking. Join WSP, and you'll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise, and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.