Job description / Role
• Performs working in architectural design consultancy and/or for a developer, municipality, etc. in accordance with established procedures.
• The principle project architect is an integral part of the building process from beginning to end. Has responsibility for all subtasks of the architectural works and interfaces with the architectural consultant(s) to monitor performance.
• Plans and defines program goals and devises methods to accomplish them; develops in-depth knowledge of client objectives, contract terms, and project policies.
• Must be capable of managing a program of integrated works with multiple stakeholders and project partners.
• Responsible to implement the project quality plan and quality procedures and productivity related to all electrical works in accordance with program of work on construction site.
• Assists in defining the process for execution of engineering activities related to all types of electrical systems; and to identify the need for specialty assistance.
• Oversees the preparation of architectural concepts and drawings, specifications, and other materials and finishes suitable for procurement and construction purposes. Regularly interfaces with other disciplines as well as other departments.
• Responsible for following up on instructions and commitments associated with the program.
• Reviews supplier material submittals and performs technical analyses.
• Provides technical guidance to CAD designer/drafters, designers and others working on the same project.
• Serves as primary interface with the all other architectural consultants and construction contractor in performing design reviews or addressing construction-related issues related to the architectural designs and finishes
• Understands all related codes and their application to the project; and overseas/manages the interface with local agencies to coordinate standards usage and monthly approvals’ process.
• Act in an advisory capacity to senior management personnel on architectural related matters.
• Maintains general awareness of the project specifications, drawings and design criteria
• Provides regular reports on progress to the Senior Project Manager; and needs for additional or specialty staffing
• Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
• Bachelors Degree in Architecture
• 12 + years post graduate experience with 5 of these being involved in high rise tower projects (55 floors plus)
• Registered Architect required
• AutoCAD experienced
• Strong Design Review experience
About the Company
Qatar Project Management (QPM) is an independent subsidiary of Barwa Real Estate Development Company that provides expertise in Project Management, Design Management, Construction Management, and Contract Administration together with other associated Project Management functions. Established in 2008, QPM is centralized platform for provision of Project Management services to Barwa and Qatari Diar as well as local and international markets. QPM provides these services through an in-house team of highly-skilled, motivated, and qualified professionals supported by state-of-the-art information technology and highly-effective Project Management systems.