Job description / Role
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking. Join WSP, and you’ll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise, and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
WSP is looking for a Project Engineer - Mechanical for the Lusail Plaza Towers. Lusail Plaza lies at the heart of Lusail City. The Plaza District is defined by four iconic towers providing both a focus to the city and to the Plaza itself.
Reporting to the Project Manager, the Project Engineer- Mechanical will provide professional direction, support and advice as the senior site representative for all matters related to construction quality assurance of mechanical works.
• Monitor the mechanical works for conformance with the provisions of the Contract Documents and the Procedures manual.
• Review, approve and process all mechanical technical submittals.
• Coordinate and supervise the work of all mechanical activities and operations.
• Receive / action Request(s) for Information (RFIs) that apply to mechanical works. RFIs requiring design feedback will be directed to the Designer for response. Review responses for adequacy.
• Review Contractor’s mechanical change order proposals.
• Prepare recommendations for Project Manager for review.
• Approve the Contractors’ as-built drawings and O&M manual submittals.
• Perform all other duties that may be requested by the Project Manager.
• Liaise with local authorities and ministerial agencies having jurisdiction over the project.
• Witness testing and commissioning of the works.
• Assist with the final inspection of the work
• Review the adequacy and accuracy of punch lists.
• Monitor final completion of work.
• Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering
• Professional registration with relevant international mechanical engineering body.
• Registration with relevant local authority.
• Project Management Certification highly regarded.
• Contemporary knowledge of mechanical engineering in the context of construction.
• Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook.
• A demonstrated aptitude for learning and accepting challenges.
• A minimum of 12 years’ experience gained in major commercial building projects.
• Advanced knowledge and experience with various mechanical systems and equipment in addition to building codes, design manuals and construction practices.
• Previous experience on District Cooling Systems design and implementation
• Middle East experience highly regarded
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
|Abu Dhabi||16 Oct|
Mechanical Engineer - AC / Chiller Units
Mechanical Site Inspector
Qatar Project Management (QPM)
Mechanical Site Engineer Ductile Iron Pipeline Projects
BAC Middle East