Job description / Role
We, Erga Qatar, an Architectural / Engineering & Technical Supervision Consultancy Firm, are looking to hire a Project Manager for Consultancy Supervision Services.
• To manage the project objectives, costs and progress and advise the Project Director of any changes to the project brief, budgets or program are necessary.
• To advise the Project Director if any financial, managerial and other resources are required for the project.
• To advise the Project Director of all decisions and actions required from him or the Project Promoter/Employer, preferably giving dates related to the program for design, construction and taking over.
• To assist the Project Director to appoint the Project Team, define their authority and responsibilities in writing to the Team and all interested parties, and keep these appointments under review.
• To motivate the Project Team.
• To develop the knowledge and skills of the Project Team.
• To instruct the Project Team on the project brief.
• To keep the system of control of construction under review and make changes that appears to be needed to achieve the project objectives.
• To issue changes to the project brief, if authorized by the Project Director or if in the opinion of the Project Director an emergency requires a change before the owner can be consulted.
• To report to the Project Director on the progress, cost, quality and predicted results of the construction, at intervals specified by the Project Director.
• To maintain a project information system, particularly on project design, specifications and tests, budgets, costs, programs, progress, predictions and decisions on problems, decisions on changes and reason for decisions.
• Management of the construction phase of the assigned projects to the fullest detail.
• Approval of shop drawings.
• Approval of material submittals in charge of ensuring inspections and casting structural concrete and architectural elements.
• Ensure quality of all materials brought to site.
• Monitor the Contractor activities daily, chair weekly progress meetings.
• Prepare minutes of meeting.
• Write monthly reports.
• Review and approve interim payment certificates.
• Approve site clarification requests.
• Review planning and overall project program schedule, ensure contractor on schedule and performing works in accordance with the specifications for all the various trades.
• Ensure that permanent executed works are free of defects.
• Implement repairs in accordance with approved procedures for the Engineer.
• Liaison with home office, Client and governmental agencies to maintain progress of works.
• Issue change orders approved by client.
• Prepare replies to claims when requested and offer all assistance for project access.
• Enriched with academic projects (Schools, Universities,etc.)
• Preferably holding a Grade A Certification from UPDA
• Nature and length of previous experience: 10 years Experience as Project Manager
• Language Fluency: English Arabic French
• Current Location: Doha Qatar
• Experience in managing highly visible and sensitive projects.
• Supervise subordinate engineering staff for several projects.
• Overseeing the completion of a project, involved with every step of the process from concept to commissioning.
• Acting as a liaison between staff, managers, suppliers and sub-contractors
• Ensure with the site supervisors achieving quality, environmental, health, safety requirements, meeting targets and surpass expectations and requests for change etc
• Aware of wide variety of roles and responsibilities during the project life cycle.
• Monitoring staff & team performance.
• Checks and approves shop drawings , materials and samples
• Follow up, Receives and verifies report on work progress
• Report any irregularities or dangerous occurrences in the prescribed manner.
• Ability to get on with all levels of people and possess strong relationship
About the Company
Erga Group sal is a fully integrated and well-equipped professional engineering consulting firm that has strong and well recognized capability in Architecture and Multi-disciplinary Engineering (including in-house Civil, Structural, Mechanical Electrical, Plumbing and Drainage Divisions).
From its inception in 1980, it thrived and succeeded in becoming one of the leading Engineering and Consulting firms in Lebanon. It did not expand with unwarranted speed, but rather rationally and durably, for long-term performance.
During the Lebanese civil war, it moved some of its activities to Europe, mainly Paris - France. Instead of succumbing to hardships, it gained a wide range of experience.
Now, in synergy with Lebanon's rebirth, Erga Group is as active as ever, broadening its horizons and scope of activities.
From its earliest days, Erga Group sal adopted the latest and most advanced technologies and is considered by friends and competitors alike as a pioneer in Architecture and related fields.
The company's growth has brought it large-scale prestigious projects within Lebanon, and the Middle East Region. Its projects to an increasing extent have required the company to acquire Master planning.
Project Manager - Civils Construction
Construction Manager - Civil
Ignite Search & Selection
Qatar Project Management (QPM)
Director - Civil Construction
Gulf Enterprises Exports