Job description / Role
Main Purpose of the Job:
Mott MacDonald is looking for a Senior Project Manager to manage all areas of construction management, supervision and project administration for an upcoming opportunity. An immediate start can be considered for the appropriate candidate.
The opportunity consists of a deep underground pumping station together with significant tunnelling works. The position is as the Project Lead and will require outward facing Communication to Client and Contractor.
* Managing the full life-cycle of the project and ensuring the project is successfully completed from beginning to end including project kick-off, designing, execution and completion, all whilst ensuring compliance with Mott MacDonald's internal controls policies
* Manage the site based project team comprising Design Review and Construction Supervision
* Controls over project cost and schedule, scope, quality of work and project controls
* Ensure all safety and quality standards are met; review and communication project health and safety plans with the help of the Health and Safety Manager so all project staff (internal and external) are aware of risk; prevent hazards and accidents
* Conduct site visits and inspections as often as required to review progress against the agree programme
* Manage the collection data relating to the progress of critical work including any problems and delays that may affect the work
* Report on the progress of delivery against pre-identified milestones
* Prepare monthly reports in delivery for the client and deliver presentations on progress
* Mentor and develop staff, providing leadership and positive working environment
* Monitor and review compliance with the requirements of the Group's management system and report findings
* Identifying, building and maintaining key relationships both internally within Mott MacDonald and externally with key clients
Essential Candidate Requirements:
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering from an accredited university; a Master's Degree in Project and/ or Programme Management would be a distinct advantage
* Minimum 20 years' experience of which 10 years should be in a managerial or technical lead capacity, managing all aspects of construction management, supervision and project administration of major, large diameter tunnelling project and deep below ground pumping stations/structures
* Member of an internationally recognised professional engineering body
* Membership of an accredited, recognized Project Management Institution would be a distinct advantage
* Experience must include all Health & Safety and Environmental Protection aspects of the construction
* Experience of TBM bored tunnels by EPB/Slurry methods together with experience /or knowledge of construction of deep below ground pumping stations/structures, or similar structures
* Experience in managing similar sized Design-and-Build projects is an essential requirement
* Able to demonstrate the extent of his/ her knowledge and experience in respect of international construction/ contract law, contract administration procedure, staff management, hold a perceptive understanding of Public Authority procedures and be capable of interpreting statutes, codes, ordinances and regulations
* Must demonstrate experience in respect of the technical proposals
About the Company
The Mott MacDonald Group is a diverse management, engineering and development consultancy delivering solutions for public and private clients world-wide.
Mott MacDonald’s uniquely diverse 1 billion global consultancy works across 12 core business areas.
As one of the world’s largest employee-owned companies with over 14,000 staff, we have principal offices in nearly 50 countries and projects in 140.