Job description / Role
• Develop, execute and manage project plan and delivery to ensure project completion in accordance with time, cost and quality objectives.
• Coordinate site to ensure smooth functioning of all departments;
• Ensure compliance with Quality and HSE requirements; Lead the project organizational unit throughout the project duration and be the focal point between client and QPM team along with Project Director.
• Coordinate closely with client to develop project execution strategy and KPIs to monitor implementation of the same.
• Coordinate with Project Director to finalize project budgets, plans and delivery schedules.
• Coordinate with Project Director, Chief Technical Officer and HR Director to staff the project team in a timely manner.
• Coordinate with various project team managers to finalize quality, cost, and time goals for project.
• Support Project Director on feasibility studies and risk plans for project.
• Drive the engagement and management of consultants and contractors.
• Establish KPIs for consultants and contractors and monitor the same.
• Conduct routine project site inspections.
• Conduct regular project meetings with internal and external teams (consultants, contractors etc) for project tracking and progress review.
• Closely monitor project metrics and follow up with relevant parties for corrective, preventive and defect repair actions.
• Lead and manage client relationship for the project(s) through periodic update and feedback meetings, bringing in the Project Director at appropriate times.
• Finalize and manage scope, schedule, quality and budget changes with client where necessitated. Ensure that change control system is implemented.
• Monitor the implementation of strategic initiatives in project activities and interface management.
• Expedite project operations by dealing directly with individuals and organizations involved.
• Ensure appropriate usage and application of the Project Management System (PMS) with respect to entry and analysis of work related data for day to day functioning to facilitate seamless communication of all relevant (technical/non-technical) information across the organization on a real time basis for maximum effectiveness.
• Monitor the project commissioning team to ensure that all projects are meticulously commissioned to deliver world class standards of quality to QPM clients
• Ensure timely preparation of various progress reports on site.
• Present reports to management and clients as required.
• Monitor and analyze reports on scope, quality, cost, and time to ensure that the project is on track.
• Coordinate meetings with project team to plan corrective, preventive and defect repair actions as required.
• Interface between client and consultants (and contractors) for monitoring work completions and payment issues etc.
• Monitor documentation for claims management.
• Interface between other projects and operations.
• Provide updates to client on all aspects of the project progress.
• Liaise with client for critical decisions as required.
• Advise and direct the client on contractual and technical matters
• Manage the project technically and contractually.
• Take executive decisions as required during the course of the ongoing project.
• Be aware of contract terms between client and other parties and oversee compliance with clauses and requirements of these contracts.
• Handle contract correspondence with client, consultants, contractors, authorities etc.
• Review all tender documents and bills of invoice to consultants.
• Update and authorize any variance order forms.
• Coordinate for claims prevention.
• Drive goal setting and performance appraisals for all project reports.
• Oversee appropriate project orientation and provide specific skill and functional knowledge development as required for each project.
• Communicate information, policies and decisions to project team in a timely manner.
• Review team performance and oversee linkages with compensation, promotion, career and succession planning.
• Ensure effective implementation of all applicable organizational policies & procedures in department.
• Ensure safety and well being of all QPM staff working as part of the project team.
• Establish and develop professional relationships with peer professionals in the industry.
• Remain updated on global best practices on project management and program management.
• Collaborate with the marketing and business development teams to showcase QPM's project management capability in various forums.
• Adapt and adopt leading operations management concepts and best practices into QPM.
• Ensure compliance of all project work with various government and market requirements, specifically 100% EHS and environmental laws’ compliance.
• Ensure implementation of all HR policies in department.
• Over 15 years post graduate experience with 6 years holding the position of Project Manager
• Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering or Architecture required
• PMP Certification
• Professionally registered candidates preferred
• Experienced at reporting and analysis. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate their experience in presenting the reports to Senior Client staff.
About the Company
Qatar Project Management (QPM) is an independent subsidiary of Barwa Real Estate Development Company that provides expertise in Project Management, Design Management, Construction Management, and Contract Administration together with other associated Project Management functions. Established in 2008, QPM is centralized platform for provision of Project Management services to Barwa and Qatari Diar as well as local and international markets. QPM provides these services through an in-house team of highly-skilled, motivated, and qualified professionals supported by state-of-the-art information technology and highly-effective Project Management systems.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Senior Project Manager
Qatar Project Management (QPM)