Job description / Role
• Manages and administers the construction and delivery of projects in terms of completion of the works at site in accordance with the contract documents, provision of documentation, finalization of client finishes, sub contractors, suppliers financial accounts and achievement of the budget profit whilst developing relationships with the client and professional team under limited supervision.
• To act as the project team leader controlling all aspects of the works including, planning, administration, commercial, engineering, site works, documentation and handover to the client.
• Delegate work to the project team and monitors the progress to completion.
• Ensure the works comply with the contract documents including drawings and specifications.
• Ensure that the works are completed on time, notifying the client of any delays and valuing the costs associated with the delays.
• Prepare both progress and financial management reports at regular intervals throughout the project.
• Maintain good relationships with the client and professional team to establish 1000 Walls Interiors & Fit outs as the contractor of choice.
• Dynamic, flexible personality with the will to succeed regardless of the difficulties.
• Developed management skills with the ability to work as the head of a team of engineers and tradesmen generating team spirit to complete projects with quality, on time.
• Ability to analysis situations & make complex operating, administrative and procedural decisions.
• Detailed engineering and construction process knowledge in Interior project execution for commercial and industrial building.
• Outline knowledge of civil and architectural design.
• Knowledge of the overall construction processes and operating practices in the GCC area.
• Detailed understanding of the construction and particularly the Interior Fit out market with hands on knowledge of prices, rates and contract procedures.
• Understanding of budget control and management reporting procedures.
• Ability to communicate in English both orally and in writing.
• Planning ability to work in a structured manner and prioritize requirements.
• Knowledge of the forms of contract used in the GCC area, their requirements and interpretation.
• Knowledge of commercial and quantity surveying standards and practices in the GCC area.
• Ability to negotiate and manage contractual arrangements at all levels.
• Ability to foster a co-operative business environment.
• Prepare and present presentations at all levels.
• Developed computer skill particularly in spreadsheets, databases and planning tools.
• Ability to gather data, compile information and prepare reports.
• Ability to read, understand and inter operate drawings, specifications and contract documents.
• Bachelors in Industrial, Civil or Mechanical Engineering
• Minimum 10 plus years of experience in the Interior/ Fit-out sector.
• Must have prior experience within the region with high-end projects, in either retail, hospitality sectors.
• Good organizing skills, team management skills, communication and inter personal skills, flexible, work ethics, attention to detail and reliable.
• Preferred candidates with MMUP Certifications
• GCC Driving licence desired.
About the Company
One Thousand Walls W.L.L is an Interior Fit-out solutions company that is specialized in the production and/or supply of high end, customized, project based and institutional wood works and furniture. In addition to turn-key wood works we along with our partners carry over thirty-five years of experience in the retail, hospitality and commercial interior fit-out sector. ONE THOUSAND WALLS complies with international standards in supply of woodworks and furniture due to our presence with offices across the Middle East and Asia.
MISSION Our mission is to combine international expertise and best practices in commercial design and build with local knowledge, to create original and highly functional commercial interiors. The company’s founders identified a gap in the Middle East market for a company which could demonstrate consistent levels of professionalism while at the same time ensuring clients receive a personalized service, with emphasis on transparent and open communication practices. For employees, our culture rewards hard work and independent thinking, and also provides the opportunity to develop new skills and talents in a dynamic, enthusiastic team environment.
VISION The vision for 1000walls is to continue to grow the brand in the Middle East, with a particular focus on the UAE & Qatar, and set new standards and expectations of design and build services for the region. 1000walls would like to be recognized as leading the way in quality of construction, transparent pricing and processes, as well as innovative design. The long-term vision for the company is to expand its international reach and establish a presence in regions experiencing high economic growth and demand for high quality design and build services projects.
Specialties Joinery, Interior Fit-out, Design, Civil Works, MEP Works, Paint Shop, Upholstery, Glass Works, Metal Works, Procurement, Project Management, Design Studio, Cost Estimation
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
One Thousand Walls
Senior Project Manager
Qatar Project Management (QPM)
Senior Project Manager - Infrastructure
Khatib & Alami
Project Controls Manager
Qatar Project Management (QPM)