Job description / Role
Primary Purpose of the Job:
• Manage or assist to manage healthcare projects from conceptual design to commissioning and handover.
• Generally, handles multiple projects at a time with full responsibility for the technical and economic completion and handover.
• Includes providing proper quality control and adequate supervision to ensure the proper execution of works to the highest standards.
• Report to the Senior Program Manager on all administrative, contractual, technical and budgetary matters for projects within his sphere of operation.
• Provide assistance to the Senior Program Manager in planning and coordination of engineering studies, design and construction works within his sphere of operation, including preparation of budgets, control and timely commitment of same to ensure that facilities can be handed over to operating departments on time and within budget.
• Discuss detailed requirements with end-users and design consultants, set criteria and, in the case of design consultants, evaluate, discuss and draft recommendations.
• Provide technical input and review and report outputs overall project implementation plans. & Participate in assessing the results of appropriate studies relative to projects.
• Includes examining the results of engineering studies, analyzing and reviewing
• Various engineering options and carrying out economic analysis.
• Provide recommendations and prepare presentations to support and justify suggestion.
• Provide· assistance to the Senior Program Manager in supervision of detailed design preparation which is normally carried out by Consultant, preparation of tender documents, review and comment on bids and provide recommendation for selection of the design consultant.
• Set design brief, liaise between other disciplines and consultants to ensure all dates, standards and requirements are clearly indicated to the consultant.
Organize and-control meetings during the design phase where problems of progress are discussed and agreed.
• Approve necessary modifications to design packages and keep detailed minutes of all meeting and agreements through to the final approval of the design package.
• Coordinate with end users and other departments to develop space building program for specific projects and maximizes the use of in-house resources and expertise.
• Follow up on CLIENT procurement requirements for approved projects.
• Includes ensuring that "Bills of Quantity" and appropriate requisition have been prepared and included in the design package.
• Initiate materials requests for purchase of materials and equipment and liaise with the Materials Department on the specifications and progressing of such orders.
• Provide assistance to the Senior Program Manager in preparation of execution plans and progress reports for individual projects and liaise with Government Departments and external agencies to ensure that statutory regulations and requirements are met.
• Provide assistance to the Senior Program Manager for supervision of the construction phase of all assigned projects.
• Prepare tender documents for the construction I fabrication contract, receive and evaluate bids and provide recommendations on the technical suitability of bids.
• Control the site execution of work which includes arranging delivery of materials, making site visits to check on work quality signing various stage I progress or completion certificates.
• Review and endorse invoices submitted by contractor, discuss variation orders with Supervisors and as applicable, the contractor's representative and approve in accordance with applicable authorities.
• Provide assistance to the Senior Program Manage"': for monitoring of progress and quality of construction works· and--·interfacing with other departments agencies to ensure the project objectives· are met.
• Carry out various duties related to the final completion of assigned projects. Includes preparing "Close Out Report" and submitting to the asset holder, and circulating to other concerned departments.
• Receive and ensure that all "As Built drawings are correct and complete, and signed for acceptance I approval.
• Prepare descriptions, justifications, and outline programs for new projects to be included in annual budget and submissions.
• Provide assistance to the Senior Program Manager for preparation of weekly and monthly progress reports for assigned projects and progress them to his supervisor with comments of any variations or delays in completion target.
• Participate in the process of enlistment of contractors by inspecting contractor sites and facilities.
• Liaise with government authorities and- end- users to -obtain building permits and to arrange inspections by government officials of completed premises.
• Ensure that safety regulations ~et by CLIENT are adhered to by contractors, consultants and CLIENT personnel.
• Perform other related duties and assignments as directed.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Bachelor Degree in Engineering or equivalent with training in project management and construction management.
• Project Management certification such as PMP from recognized Project Management Institution such as PMI is preferred.
• Minimum 15 years broad based experience in project management covering initiation, design, construction, commissioning of the large projects particularly in the
• Must have experience in developing and controlling healthcare projects from conceptual design to commissioning and completion.
• Project management
• Possesses excellent leadership skills and ability to technically and administratively lead, supervise and motivate a project management team.
• Have excellent planning, decision making, problem solving and organizational skills.
• Must have thorough knowledge of industry/international standards, and ability to interpret for specific application within sphere of relevant disciplines.
• Communication & negotiating skills as well as an ability to work in a multicultural team environment must be well developed and proven.
• In the event of non-availability of Senior Program ~Manager, the incumbent shall be directly responsible for all principle accountabilities without the support of the Senior Program Manager.
• Works within the framework of approved corporate policies, procedures and standards, while exercising a high degree of independence in selecting technical applications and methodologies for promoting fit-for-purpose, environmentally sound designs, and in providing expert advice on a wide variety of technically related manners.
• Evaluate and provide solutions for particular-, technically demanding special situations.
• Review and recommend resolution of particularly complex and non-routine problems, or provide viable alternatives. Identify technical risks and anticipated problem to projects, and propose mitigating solutions and actions.
• Review and critically assess a range of options for a given problem, arid recommend one acceptable technical solution from a range of options.
About the Company
Qatar Project Management (QPM) is an independent subsidiary of Barwa Real Estate Development Company that provides expertise in Project Management, Design Management, Construction Management, and Contract Administration together with other associated Project Management functions. Established in 2008, QPM is centralized platform for provision of Project Management services to Barwa and Qatari Diar as well as local and international markets. QPM provides these services through an in-house team of highly-skilled, motivated, and qualified professionals supported by state-of-the-art information technology and highly-effective Project Management systems.
Project Manager (Villa Project)
Ignite Search & Selection
Project Manager Construction - Hotel/Resort
Qatar Project Management (QPM)
Construction Project Manager
MAYKS HR Consulting
|Abu Dhabi||30 Sep|