Job description / Role
Job Title: Project Manager
Location: Doha, Qatar
Role: Project Manager
The Project Manager is responsible for leading teams to deliver Digital Experience and Digital Enablement projects that span across multiple business units within the Telecom domain. Manage resources, schedules and financials and adhere to stage gate quality defined and SDLC control guidelines throughout the full project life cycle. This also includes management of project interdependencies, issues, risks and project change requests to ensure successful and on-time project delivery. The Project manager should handle waterfall and agile based projects simultaneously while working on multiple complex projects.
• Manage and lead large scale projects internally .
• Be accountable for the Full project life cycle and manage project related tasks and communications.
• Proactively manage all project stakeholders with proper and timely communication.
• Set-up the project governance structure including steering committee and reference committee.
• Act as a Single Point of Contact for projects towards steering committee (C-Level) and reference committee.
• Undertake the planning of Software projects including resources, budget and schedule with collaboration from relevant project stakeholders.
• Direct and coordinate activities of Software projects to ensure that objectives and benefits of projects are accomplished within agreed quality, schedule and budget.
• Manage the inter dependencies between projects.
• Responsible to ensure efficient utilization of project resources for the successful delivery of the projects by applying necessary leadership styles.
• Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project teams.
• Monitor project team performance and conduct reviews.
• Execute projects work in line with project management standard and policies.
• Define and manage project scope. Handle requirements definition workshop, define project work packages and define work breakdown structures.
• Manage and monitor cost and payments.
• Handle change control and analyze the impact of change on the scope, schedule, budget, and targeted outcome of the projects.
• Responsible to manage assigned vendors / contractors as per the contracts.
• Assess project risks and issues and perform risk management to mitigate project risks.
• Escalate critical project risks and issues to relevant stakeholders as needed.
• Plan and Lead regular project meetings with project teams and vendors and ensure project status is reviewed and action plans are tracked.
• Responsible to take initiatives to evaluate the current working processes and guidelines and suggest enhancements to the head of technical projects.
• Work with line team on individual work packages to ensure timely delivery of the software modules and integration services involving Digital experience layer, Digital enablement platform, Billing, Charging, Mediation, TIBCO, CRM, Reporting, Provisioning and other Telecom software services and testing activities.
• Understand and align interdependencies between technology, operations and business needs.
• Provide status reporting regarding Project success criteria and metrics, project milestones, deliverable, dependencies, risks and issues as per PMO Methodology and using the internal Project management tools. .
• Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
• Ensure operation readiness by involving operation teams, including their requirements in the project, successfully handover to operation and getting their approval.
Qualification & Experience required:
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in Computer Science, IT, Telecom or related field.
• PMP® certification from PMI.
• Proven experience in SDLC Methodologies, Agile, SCRUM, SDLC / Waterfall.
• 10+ years of related experience in leading Projects as Project Manager in Telecom domain executing projects under Agile and Waterfall methodology.
• Experience in implementation of Telecom Information systems, like Digital experience layer, Digital enablement platform, CRM, Order Management, Product Catalogue, Charging and Billing Systems, etc.
• Excellent leadership, communication (written, verbal and presentation) and interpersonal skills with technical and non-technical staff.
• Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time and manage the inter dependencies between the projects.
• Self-motivated, decisive, with the ability to adapt to change and competing demands.
• Experience in successfully completing projects on-time, on-schedule and within budget, delivering the targeted business value.
• Demonstrate decisiveness in resolving business problems, making decisions and identifying priorities.
• Experience in Team-building with technical and non-technical staff, leading, motivating and managing various project team sizes, including internal and external resources, while holding team accountable for performance.
• Experience working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Flexible with proven ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
• Expert knowledge and practice in Microsoft Project and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio).
• Fluent in English. Arabic is a plus.
About the Company
Vistas Global is a diversified group of businesses with interests in technology (Vistas Global WLL, Momenta WLL), human capital, media (Vistas Media ME-FZ LLC), digital, food & beverage (Nushi, Haagen Dazs, Caliburger, Kamats), engineering (Vistas Security, Vistas Engineering) and real estate.
The group was founded by Suraj Thampi, an entrepreneur who pioneered the business process outsourcing concept in the Middle East in 1998. Having successfully built and sold three companies previously, Vistas is now his fourth venture in the region. In a short period of time, Vistas has emerged as one of the largest professional service companies in the region, employing over 1,300 people across 5 continents, 8 Offices and 5 Time Zones.
Power Systems & Information Technology (PSTech)
Senior Project Manager
Qatar Project Management (QPM)