Job description / Role
Lead and manage the entire conversion project to modify the Main & Auxiliary Engines to allow dual fuel burning capability in addition to the existing heavy fuel oil for the NAKILAT wholly Owned Q-Flex & Q-Max LNG fleet. This in addition to compliance and improvements on the IMO regulations.
Act as Owners focal point for the project technical and commercial/ contractual matters and engage with Charterers and project stakeholders, including the JV Partners, class and other Vendors.
Manage project timeline and milestone and provide regular updates to Nakilat Senior Management on project progress and coordinate with Charterers project team.
• Lead and Manage the Conversion Project during the Pre-Award Period, which includes:
- Lead the Owners Project Working Group for Technical & Commercial discussions with Charterers.
- Responsible for the entire project administration and planning.
- Ensure alignment and support is obtained with Nakilat involved departments (Fleet, Legal, CB&D, JV, Supply and PR).
- Liaise with Charterers Project Team & Charterers’ Consultant for the purpose of technical & commercial evaluations and for System Selection.
- Act as sole focal point for any Owners contracted Consultant(s).
- Ensure that system retrofitted on all vessels is safe, reliable efficient and fit for purpose.
- Lead Owners Project Working Group (monthly) meetings and Provide comprehensive reporting to Senior Management, including cost control, project planning and milestones. Attend all project systems’ trials and testing as required.
- Maintain an effective communication with Project Stakeholders, including Contractors throughout project timeline.
- Assist Supply Department for tendering process and actively participate in tender evaluations & closing to ensure efficient and cost-effective selection.
- Assist Supply Department with Vendor negotiation and contract drafting.
- Maintain the environmental aspects register and Nakilat initiatives, provide regular progress report.
• Lead and Manage the Conversion Project during Post Award Period, which includes:
- Develop Project documentation incl. followings PMP, PEP, SHEQ Plan and other RACI Chart.
- Monitor Vendors’ Engineering Studies and liaise as required with Class and other regulatory bodies.
- Coordinate with Vendors and Charterers’ Project Team the Final System Design and monitor the drawing approval process.
- Ensure that Project execution is progressing as per project agreed milestones and keep Nakilat Senior Management fully appraised of Project Progress.
- Developing project risk register and tracking of the treatment plan
- Coordinate Vendors’ equipment simulations, FATs and when available utilize Fleet Department resources to attend various technical workshops (FMEA, HAZID & HAZOP).
- Facilitate Vendors’ site visits to selected class of vessels and participate in required onboard surveys.
- Ensure that high level of coordination is always kept with shipyard responsible for retrofit and assist in developing yard installation capabilities.
Minimum Executive MBA in Project Management / Degree in Mechanical or Marine Engineering with sound reference of major modification/conversion projects in the LNG Shipping Industry (Major Conversion/ FSRU).
• 6-8 total years of experience required in project management.
• Minimum 5 years in senior managing position within the LNG industry.
• Minimum 5 years’ shore experience in high value Project Management related role.
• Excellent multi-tasking and communication skills both oral and written English
• Management, leadership and Organizational skills to deal with a multicultural work force and business partners
• Ability to conduct project technical & Commercial evaluations
• Familiarity with HAZOP, HAZID, FMEA, Project Management Planning and processes for evaluating detailed design
• Computer literacy – MS Office, MS Project and Visio
• Experience with contract drafting, tendering process and evaluation as well as commercial requirements of Project management are advantageous
About the Company
Qatar Gas Transport Company Ltd. (known as Nakilat, which means carriers in Arabic) is a Qatari-listed shipping company established by the State of Qatar to own, operate and manage LNG vessels and to provide shipping and marine-related services to a range of participants within the Qatari hydrocarbon sector. Nakilat is an integral component of the supply chain of some of the largest, most advanced energy projects in the world undertaken by Qatar Petroleum, Qatargas, RasGas and their joint venture partners for the State of Qatar.
Nakilat was established in 2004 and is a joint stock company owned 50% by its founding shareholders and 50% by the public. Nakilat owns 54 LNG vessels, making it the largest LNG ship owner in the world. Our fleet of vessels transport LNG produced from Qatars North Field, the worlds largest non-associated gas field with approximately 15% of the worlds total proven reserves to global markets. These vessels, ordered from Korean shipyards, incorporate the latest technology for safe, reliable and cost-effective transportation of LNG.