Job description / Role
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking. Join WSP, and you’ll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise, and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
WSP is looking for Project Managers for the Lusail Plaza Towers. Lusail Plaza lies at the heart of Lusail City. The Plaza District is defined by four iconic towers providing both a focus to the city and to the Plaza itself. The four towers are positioned in order not to obstruct views and to take full advantage of the coastal aspect. The bases of these towers are shrouded by a series of low level podium buildings that create a series of interconnected unique public spaces where a range of activities can take place.
• Reporting to the Project Director, the Project Manager , you will manage the design and construction of one tower and oversee the project life cycle during Pre and Post contract phases from concept up to completion and handing over, you will monitor/control and perform by maximizing the benefits of the available resources to meet the project scope, budget, schedule, quality to client expectations.
• Manage project activities including all on site related construction activities.
• Build and maintain the necessary communication channels among project team members to the clients, suppliers, and Company Management.
• Prepare in coordination with the Project Engineer and the Planning Manager the initial construction schedule.
• Ensure that work is progressing according to schedule.
• Update the Project Director on the progress of all projects under his control and provide him with a construction monthly report to compare construction progress according to schedule. Liaise with the Contract Administrator on contract and sub contract requirements relating to his projects.
• Perform in coordination with the Planning Manager, periodic review analysis of project costs, schedules, progress, and other relevant data and submits a report on his findings to the Program Manager.
• Ensure the upholding of work safety regulations at site.
• Ensure the application of company stated policies and procedures.
• Prepare monthly reports for the Project Director on the progress of the project
• Bachelor's Degree in Civil or Architecture engineering; Chartered Engineer from recognized professional body is preferable.
• Holding PMP certification or similar training certification.
• Previous experience in high rise towers preferred.
• Previous experience in Middle East will be preferred.
• Minimum of 15 years overall postgraduate experience with the last 6 years as a project manager with the following:
• Good written and verbal communication.
• Ability to identify potential problems and be able to successfully and productively resolve problems or propose solutions.
• Ability to demonstrate time management skills, and alignments of projects objectives
• Sound Knowledge of Works Programme build up, components, critical path review & analysis
• Analytical & numerate skills team building, ability to motivate and to work well within large team and show leadership skills.
• Experience in Microsoft applications.
• Very good reporting skills.
• Having worked in reputable projects during the pre contract phase to completion
• Strong business acumen in project planning and management
• Strong verbal, written, and organizational skills
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.