Job description / Role
Project Manager – Grade ‘A’ Contractor
High Rise Project
QR Negotiable Tax Free Package
Digby Morris' client is a highly respected employer in the Qatari market. A privately owned main contractor which employs about 5000 employees entirely in Doha, the company has been operating for about 30 years and has a turnover in the region of $600m per annum. It is largely involved in traditional D&B construction projects including hotels and high rise commercial projects as well as residential and industrial projects.
• Provide overall direction to project teams in technical, commercial, legal and operational matters. Provide general direction to various support departments.
Role & Responsibilities:
• Work with project teams to develop and manage budgets, schedules and deliverables for each project phase and functional area.
• Manage the preparation of equipment and vendor specifications and the preparation of vendor contracts.
• Supervise several Project and QA/QC engineers overseeing project design, scheduling, QA/QC and construction activities.
• Through site Supervisors and project Engineers, oversee the work of all contractors and sub-contractors.
• Define and implement Project Safety Plans.
• Monitor all project agreements to ensure compliance with approved cost and quality standards, schedules and safety. Coordinate the resolution of engineering design, procurement, scheduling, issues with site Supervisors and Engineers.
• Provide monthly project and budget updates to the Projects Director. Provide project updates to relevant external agencies - financial institutions, regulatory bodies, etc.
• Degree in Civil Engineering. Supplementary training in Project Costing and Scheduling; Contract Management and Procurement. Safety Management is an asset.
• MMUP Grade A Certified is highly desirable
• Professional engineering certification from a recognized jurisdiction.
• Minimum 10-12 years of civil or commercial construction management experience, including several years as a Site Construction Manager, specializing in high rise office, hotel, resort, shopping and similar complexes.
• Proven project management skills gained on domestic and foreign project assignments
• Thorough knowledge of project costing, bid preparation, tendering and awarding of contracts.
• Thorough knowledge of project scheduling, procurement, financial management and quality control.
• Strong leadership and communication skills.
• Ability to work effectively with multidisciplinary and multi-cultural teams.
• Ability to plan and execute complex negotiations.
• Ability to anticipate and respond to design and schedule changes.
• Familiar with the norms of ISO standard & OHSAS.
About the Company
Digby Morris one of the first choice recruitment consultancies operating within the property and construction industry. Offering expertise in executive search & selection, contingency recruitment, interim management and contract placements as well as a comprehensive range of specialist consulting services, we understand that every clients requirement is different and tailor each project to our clients\\' needs.
We specialise solely in the placement of property and construction professionals from graduates to senior managers, partners and main board directors. To date our clients have included:
- Private Practices
- Leisure Operators
- Financial Institutions
- House Builders