Job description / Role
Parsons is now hiring an experienced Project Manager -Landscape with a desire to work on creating innovative, practical solutions to various projects that enhance the fabric of our community. In this role you will be responsible for the scope development, scope management and commercial performance of the project to meet project goals and objectives. Plans and defines program goals and devises methods to accomplish them; develops in depth knowledge of client objectives, contract terms and corporate policies. Parsons extensive experience in this field, combined with your experience coordinating projects through all phases of project inception, programming, design, and closeout will propel your career and leadership opportunities forward. We need our Project Managers to b e versatile, enthusiastic to work in highly flexible, team oriented environments that have exceptional communication, analytical and organizational skills
- Acts as the Company representative with the client and selected subcontractors during the program execution.
- Negotiates changes to the scope of work with the client and contractor.
- Responsible for following up on instructions and commitments associated with the project.
- May participate in negotiations with regulatory agencies and in public meetings in support of clients.
- Oversees establishment of Project Execution Plan, Health and Safety Plan, Quality Assurance/Quality Control Plan, and other documents as required.
- Assigns responsibility for executing project plans to key subordinates after careful assessment of how to utilize their qualifications and strengths.
- Provides input to performance reviews and development plans for subordinates.
- Works with other managers, project engineers, and discipline leads to develop schedules, and plans for the various elements of a project.
- Ensures that the project meets or exceeds goals established.
- Works with the key project individual to devise and execute actions plans to rectify potential cost overruns or delays, or to accommodate significant changes to the scope of work.
- Advises the client and company management of any such changes.
- The Project Manager is specifically responsible for maintaining current and timely change orders.
- Promotes technical and commercial excellence on the project through application of Quality Assurance processes.
- Monitors and reports to management on the progress of all project activity within the program, including significant milestones, and any conditions, which would affect project cost or schedule.
- Establishes weekly meeting to review project status and formulate action items.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
- BSc/BEng in civil or Architecture engineering; chartered Engineer from recognized professional body is preferable.
- Extensive Landscape experience
- Holding PMP certification or similar training certification.
- 15 + years overall postgraduate experience, a minimum of 5 years in the GCC, with the last 6 years as a Project Manager with the following:
- Good written and verbal communication.
- Ability to identify potential problems and be able to successfully and productively resolve problems or propose solutions
- Ability to demonstrate time management skills, and alignments of projects objectives
- Must be MME or UPDA qualified or under process
- Sound Knowledge of Works Programme build up, components, critical path review & analysis
- Analytical & numerate skills
- Team building, ability to motivate and to work well within large team and show leadership skills.
- Experience in Microsoft applications.
- Very good reporting skills.
- Having worked in reputable projects during the Construction phase to completion.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from senior management and other project management’s team members
- Find out how good it feels to work in a supportive environment
The managers and their teams who work at our organization have pep in their step when they come to work — some even before they’ve had their coffee! Morale is high. How could it be otherwise when people cooperate and come together to win. Management leads by encouraging, recognizing and rewarding best efforts. In our diverse workplace, everyone is appreciated for who they are as well as what they contribute. It’s easy to succeed when you enjoy your work, and when your workplace is glad to have you.
Parsons’ engineering and construction management staff members create innovative, safe, and sustainable infrastructure in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Oman, Bahrain, and Kuwait. We deliver rail, transit, road, and highway transportation; water conveyance and wastewater treatment; oil and gas; land development; public; and aviation infrastructure to our customers and communities. Parsons creates interconnected communities and world-class infrastructure.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Construction Project Manager
Projects Director / Operations Manager - Construction Developer