Job description / Role
POSITION TITLE : Project Manager – Offshore Projects
COMPANY : Nakilat-Keppel Offshore & Marine Ltd.
WORKLOCATION: Ras Laffan (QATAR)
Priority Will Be Given To Qatari Nationals
Job Summary and Purpose:
Responsible for single or multiple EPC offshore fabrication projects covering Jackets with Piles & ancillaries, Topsides (Wellheads /Living Quarters Module) and Subsea Structures (Boatlandings, Risers/Bumper guards and clamps etc.). The role requires project manager to individually manage all phase of the project starting pre bid and post award activities till project close out with client & involved stake holders (internal as well external)
• Implement the day-to-day operation assigned for the allocated project to ensure compliance with the established standards and procedures and client requirements.
• Responsible for kick starting the project handling the overall project requirements, managing time, budget and scope, vendors, procurement and providing relevant construction presentation/reports for both internal and external stakeholders
• Effectively manage the project team including personnel from the functional departments and always ensure effective communication.
• Responsible for monitoring the progress of the project to ensure timely delivery of assignments while maintaining high HSE standards and cost effectiveness. Ensure programs are front lined on daily basis. Develop contingency plans in advance in case items on critical path are delayed.
• Arrange project meetings, internal and external as necessary to ensure the effective monitoring of key project performance indicators.
• Efficiently manage all the project interface internal and external with all involved stakeholders.
• Closely track the project cost in all aspect to ensure project is within budget at all time and timely reporting to direct report.
• Motivating the site-based project team to deliver the project in a safe , timely and cost effective manner
• Ensuring timely review and errorless reports submission to internal and external stakeholders
• Ensure that all project/contract deliverables including final documentation are properly submitted to the client in timely manner. Ensure project documents are maintained complete, updated and stored properly.
• Ensure project close out reports are maintained which includes the project evaluation, assessment of the results and lesson learnt.
• Foster an engaging culture of safe and productive work through role modelling Company values.
• Build and maintain a stimulating and challenging environment by taking a professional approach to interactions, using effective communications, and providing coaching and encouragement to others to help them achieve their maximum
• Actively participate in company Safety meetings.
• Conduct & Steer the project quality and HSE awareness program.
• Complies with all relevant safety, quality and environment management policies , procedure and controls to ensure a healthy and safe work environment.
• Performs other related duties or assignment as directed on order to contribute to the continuous operation of the department
• BE Mechanical Engineering with relevant experience in Offshore Fabrication (i.e., Jacket, Topside, Boat landing, etc.).
• Core Project management experiences is must and PMP qualification is preferable.
• Experience in working with multi-national and multi-cultural project teams is strongly preferred
• Strong HSE commitment and robust Commercial awareness.
• Able to handle multiple project and cope with fast pace dynamic work environment
• Minimum 05 years’ experience in relevant position.
• Ability to use Project Management Techniques
• Ability to focus more on contractual objectives
• Previous managerial experience with good technical competency
• Sound knowledge of offshore structure fabrication and loadout methodology in the capacity of project management
• Good knowledge & experience on budget planning, client management, contract management , maintaining strong HSEQ objective on project
• Ability to manage costs, contracts, and schedule.
• Risk Management Skills
• Cost Conscious
About the Company
Qatar Gas Transport Company Ltd. (known as Nakilat, which means carriers in Arabic) is a Qatari-listed shipping company established by the State of Qatar to own, operate and manage LNG vessels and to provide shipping and marine-related services to a range of participants within the Qatari hydrocarbon sector. Nakilat is an integral component of the supply chain of some of the largest, most advanced energy projects in the world undertaken by Qatar Petroleum, Qatargas, RasGas and their joint venture partners for the State of Qatar.
Nakilat was established in 2004 and is a joint stock company owned 50% by its founding shareholders and 50% by the public. Nakilat owns 54 LNG vessels, making it the largest LNG ship owner in the world. Our fleet of vessels transport LNG produced from Qatars North Field, the worlds largest non-associated gas field with approximately 15% of the worlds total proven reserves to global markets. These vessels, ordered from Korean shipyards, incorporate the latest technology for safe, reliable and cost-effective transportation of LNG.