Job description / Role
• Direct responsibility for the delivery of major highway projects in terms of time, cost, quality and safety.
• Minimize impacts on road users and public in all phases of the project.
• To manage supervision consultant and contractors during the implementation of projects including application for payment, assessment of claims for extension of time and additional cost.
• Ensure the highest professional standards and best practice are adopted.
• Assist in the procurement process including preparation of tender documents, tender evaluation and award for both the contractor and supervising consultant contracts.
• As required to assist the contractors to coordinate with stakeholders, utility authorities, other government departments and to assist approvals with obtaining NOC's.
• Prepare periodic reports for the projects and submit to higher management to provide clear information on the status, extent of progress of works and issues & risks.
• Continually seek and capture lessons learned from the construction process and use this intelligence to improve construction systems, tools and processes.
• Work closely with the Head of Doha Highways Section to ensure compliance with Government Policies and Procedures and legal and regulatory requirements.
• Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering
• Chartered engineer status from a recognized institution.
• Experience in successfully managing the delivery of major roads and infrastructure projects
• Experience in the administration of Supervision consultant and contractor contracts related to the delivery of major road projects
About the Company
maptalent are experts at delivering quality recruitment and human capital solutions across the Middle East, United States and United Kingdom.
Having highly experienced teams based out of our offices’ in Dubai, Los Angeles and Birmingham specialising in the recruitment of professionals across a wide range of sectors including contracting, power, energy, consultancy, architecture, infrastructure, fit-out and mechanical electrical engineering.
maptalent is a partner managed business with staff we consider to be the best in their field. With nearly 80 years combined international recruitment experience maptalent has capacity to provide challenging and successful recruitment solutions.
If you are looking for a position in the Middle East, USA or the UK or you are wanting to find out where maptalent can add value to your recruitment process then get in contact.