Project Manager – Waste Water x 2 (Qatar)
• WTP and Wastewater Tunnelling Networks
• Respected civil infrastructure works authority
• Location: Doha, Qatar
Our client, a government agency, seeks to recruit 2 x Project Manager / Expert – Waste Water for major sewerage, drainage and waste management projects for the country of Qatar. With budgets of more than $70B, this role acts as the client’s representative and, as an expert in sewerage networks projects, is responsible to coordinate and implement infrastructure and construction projects within Qatar.
Project Manager – Waste Water: experienced in the construction and supervision of sewage treatment plants.
Project Manager – Waste Water: experienced in the construction and supervision of wastewater tunnelling networks.
Your responsibilities in the role will include:
• Liaison with internal departments to determine construction project intent and scope of work.
• Establish preliminary requirements for construction projects ensuring construction activities comply with project, local and international standards.
• Liaising with the project evaluation team to facilitate the advancement of construction projects through various phases of implementation.
• Participate in design and construction review on proposals submitted from design consultants and assist in identifying related construction issues.
• Assist the Design Department to review feedback of design consultant submissions.
• Evaluation of Bids and Tenders.
• Analyse consultants’ and contractors’ quotations, technically and commercially.
• Oversee the execution and administration of complex construction and services contracts.
• Handle simultaneous multiple construction projects simultaneously and prioritize work assignments ensuring works meet scheduled deadlines.
• Coordinate, delegate and negotiate with contractors and consultants to resolves disputes.
• Handle claims and variation orders through negotiation, conciliations, mediation and arbitration to achieve construction objectives.
• Preparation, review and submission of projects financial and budgetary analysis, reports and recommendations in a timely manner.
• Analyse and resolve complex and sensitive construction problems on site to meet authority objectives to the public.
• Constant liaison with Operations & Maintenance department to facilitate handling and taking over of project sites.
• Assist in the development and implementation of a health, quality and assurance system.
• Liaise with other authorities, government agencies and utility providers before and during the construction phase to ensure construction objectives are met.
• University degree from a recognized university in water, civil engineering, construction, project management or comparable. A Master’s degree would be highly desirable.
• Candidates must possess a minimum of 18 years’ demonstrable experience, of which 10 years in a managerial or technical lead capacity in either WTP or wastewater network tunnels.
• For the wastewater network tunnels position, candidates must have experience in construction management, supervision and project administration on large diameter tunnelling project and deep below ground pumping stations in addition to marine work.
• For the sewage treatment works position, candidates must have experience in the construction and supervision of STPs to a world standard.
• Experience in HSE Protection aspects of construction and operations is essential.
• Must be able to demonstrate the extent of knowledge and experience in respect of international construction/ contract law, contract administration procedure, staff management, hold a perceptive understanding of Public Authority procedures and be capable of interpreting statutes, codes, ordinances and regulations;
• Must demonstrate experience in respect of technical proposals, evaluation and constructability, technology deployment and solving technical problems that may arise during construction
• Experience in directing and managing significant engagements from the client side, preferably within a government agency.
• Experience of working in Qatar or the Gulf region is desirable.
An expatriate package and relocation assistance will be provided to attract the top candidates to the role.
CV in word format.
IMPORTANT: Your application must include the following information:
• Comprehensive resume listing your full employment history in reverse chronological order.
• Details of projects you have been involved in including project size and value
• List of educational qualifications including where and when completed
• Current daytime contact details
About the Company
1Recruit International LLC is an international global recruitment and human resource solutions consultancy with a global mind set and a proven track record in talent management. Resourcing across an array of executive business sectors, our corporate mission entails client satisfaction through quality orientation; a consultative approach, delivery excellence and innovation through 'best fit candidates technically, behaviourally and culturally.
Project Manager - Mixed Use
Ignite Search & Selection
TGC Consulting Middle East
Project Manager (Supervision)
Khatib & Alami
Ignite Search & Selection
Assistant Project Manager/RE
Qatar Project Management (QPM)