Job description / Role
Provides high-level support to Director and Population Health and Communications Specialist, Institute for Population Health (IPH) and other professional staff members in planning, coordinating and implementing the functions of the Institute keeping within the framework and objectives of the Institute.
• Assists and coordinates new project initiatives and supports research activities of IPH as directed, including review of scientific literature and preparation of reports. Performs independent fieldwork related to research activities as directed.
• Assists in preparation work for educational seminars, workshops and presentations. Assists in travel and visit arrangements including development of itineraries, hotel and transportation arrangement for incoming guests for the department.
• Collects, compiles and manages medium to large data sets, customizes and individualizes reports as directed; maintains databases; designs, generates and analyzes reports.
• Initiates requisitions & purchase requisitions; closes purchase order upon delivery of items. Reviews & reconciles payment of related invoices and reimbursement of work-related expenses in accordance with WCM-Q financial policies. Follows-up as necessary.
• Liaises with staff and faculty at WCM-Q, Hamad Medical Corporation (HMC), Ministry of Public Health (MoPH) and at other sites as required.
• Provides cross coverage for other staff members within IPH on an as per need basis to ensure smooth operation of the various research projects.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's Degree (Science related), or in related field
• 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
• Advanced level proficiency in MS Suite of products including Word, Excel and Power-point.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• English language fluency (written and oral).
• Strong customer service skills.
• Good computer skills
• Demonstrated intermediate administrative and interpersonal skills
• Ability to organize, prioritize and be attentive to detailed work.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently in a cross-cultural environment and safeguard confidential information
• Ability to work as team member.
About the Company
Founded in 1898 and affiliated with what is now New York - Presbyterian Hospital (NYPH) since 1927, Weill Cornell Medicine-Qatar (WCM-Q) is one of the top-ranked clinical and medical research centers in the U.S. It is committed to excellence in research, teaching and patient care, and the advancement of the art and science of medicine.
In addition to the degree in medicine, Weill Cornell offers PhD programs in biomedical research and education at the Weill Graduate School of Medical Sciences; a joint MD-MBA program with Cornell's Johnson School of Management; and a joint MD-PhD program with Rockefeller University and Sloan-Kettering Institute.