Job description / Role
The Property Officer reviews, continuously improves and manages the process of Entity’s designation of buildings and periodic renewals of the Entity’s designated status. The job holder provides guidance, support, and service to all prospective, new and existing Entity’s licensed companies in procuring and managing leased commercial space in suitably approved Entity’s designated premises. Oversees all FM related activities and manages the Outsource and Contract personnel.
• Reviews the process of Entity’s designation of buildings and considers the potential for periodic/annual renewals of the Entity’s designated status
• Collates all data required for designation of new buildings and coordinates submissions by the landlord/Company licensed to the Entity for approval of new buildings.
• Lays emphasis on regulations introduced by Qatar Civil Defense (QCD), which require buildings to have their QCD approvals periodically/annually reviewed, as well as adherence to other Entity norms as certified by appropriate and timely inspections
• Identifies and assesses options to generate revenues from the designation process
• Supports the above by developing and maintaining (with regular/monthly updates), a user-friendly database of all the designated buildings with readily available updated information on:
- Building name/address (e.g. street/zone names and No.)
- Building age
- Landlord point of contact
- QCD expiry date
- List of Entity’s licensed companies in the building and database of the lease including term, expiry date and rental charges
- No. of floors; total leasable area; availability(floors/sqm); car parking ratio
• Office specification/finishes–i.e. shell & core, CATA, fitted or serviced office
• Up-to-date quoting terms (rent, service charge and utilities)
• Organises re-inspection of the buildings and renewal of Entity’s designation to take place in accordance with QCD expiry dates.
• Implements Entity’s building designation renewal that require further consideration, including:
• Impact of periodic renewals on occupier’s leases, set time frame to remedy the reasons for potential loss of designation or extending the timeframe for periodic review and in the worst case, managing the process if a building loses its Entity’s designation and resulting requirements for Entity’s licensed companies occupying space in such buildings to relocate
• Develops norms for and implements charges to landlord’s for renewal of the designation, this could be an annual fee or fee payable upon designation or renewal.
Property Services to Entity’s Clients:
• Assists companies establishing a presence in Qatar as a Entity’s licensed client to source suitable premises in a streamlined and effective manner - on favorable terms, within the context of the prevailing market conditions, as well as within the time frames and operational requirements of the company's operations.
• Arranges inspections (by clients) of the short-listed properties, as required.
• Assists in the final negotiations to secure favorable terms in the context of the prevailing market conditions on the preferred option.
• Supports management of the leasing process and final transaction, reviewing lease documentation in conjunction with the Entity’s client and their appointed legal advisors.
• Responsible for the definition and implementation of all service level agreements for the services offered to Entity’s tenants and ensures compliance with the same so that Entity is able to meet client expectations at all times.
• Management of the contractors / consultants for the various services required by the Entity to ensure the organization is provided with these services within the requisite quality, time and budgetary constraints.
• Facilities Maintenance - manages all contracts for operations and maintenance of all Entity’s facilities including mechanical, electrical and plumbing ("MEP") systems, landscaping and irrigation, cleaning & housekeeping, indoor plants, building management system, voice recording systems, office furniture and equipment maintenance of all offices and facilities to ensure office buildings are always operational.
• Fit Outs - oversee the management of and negotiation with suppliers and vendors for the office fit out of new firms premises so that they are completed as per specification, within the given budget and timescales,
• Meets with the tenant's representative to explain and amplify the fit-out process annotated in Entity’s Tenancy Policy & Procedures.
• This will include briefing on existing building rules and regulations, safety and security requirements, working hours and all Government approval processes.
• Conducts briefings to the tenant's main contractor on the procedures and processes for working in the building.
• Cleaning - oversees the management of cleaning contractors to ensure cleaning is carried out as per the agreed schedule and with the desired quality.
• Responsible for the management of the internal staff and outsourced resources team.
• Contributes to overall performance and financial analysis for facilities management services, ensuring that value for money services are delivered and maintained with saving cost.
• Prepares and submits composite reports within the prescribed timescales.
• Works with the Entity’s management team on budget and strategy development.
• Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Business Administration, Commerce, or other related business discipline.
• Appropriate industry recognized certifications/licenses
• Minimum of 4 years of relevant experience in real estate appraisals, property/facilities management and outsourcing or similar role.
• Displays independence and integrity in decision making and business judgment.
• Excellent facilitation and communication skills to manage diverse groups of people and personalities to work towards a common goal.
• Can handle highly confidential information in a strictly professional manner and always maintains professional demeanor.
• Good interpersonal skills - the ability to work with teams both inside and outside the organisation and establish and maintain positive working relationships.
• Business acumen, commercially minded – an ability to do systems thinking and to understand how different areas of the organisation relate to one another and to support and drive initiatives that enhances the organization’s effectiveness, excellence, and revenue growth
• Experience in client lifecycle and end-to-end value proposition related projects.
• Anticipates, understands and responds to the needs of internal and external clients to meet or exceed their expectations within the organizational parameters
• Strategic, operational planning and analytical skills with attention to detail.
• Property management, planning skills and ability to multitask and respond to a variety of demands.
• Understanding of Regulations and environment would be an advantage.
• Self-motivated and takes initiative.
• Demonstrates high standards of honesty and trustworthiness.
• Excellent command of English with good written and oral communication skills.
About the Company
A leading Financial Organization in Qatar.