Job description / Role
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Public Relations Officer is responsible in dealing, handling and resolving conflicts, feedback, complaints from the public and residents pertaining to the construction projects inconvenience.
- Open dialogue with the public, residents, municipalities, MOI, traffic police, government department and embassies etc. on public relation issues as directed on project related.
- Conduct regular visits and ad hoc visits to the affected residents affected by the works and make necessary report, feedback to the client and the affected resident.
- Coordinate and work closely with the construction supervision team to minimize inconvenience to the public.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Degree in Engineering and/or Diploma in Law, Mass Communication or equivalent from an accredited University or institution to the approval of the Engineer.
- Minimum 10 years of demonstrable overall experience in the public relation and communication works with no less than 5 years in works focus on public customer service.
- Demonstrated experience in Public Relations works dealing with public complaint in a construction industry would be an advantage.
- Must have a good understanding of Qatari culture.
- Must be prepared to work night shifts, as required to attend to public complaints.
- Must be fluent in English and Arabic both written and spoken with good capability in oral and written communications skills.
- Computer skills and the ability to utilize design software are mandatory.
- Resourceful, pleasant and approachable personality.
- Ability to work under stressful condition to handle public complaints.
- Experience working in Qatar is required.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.