Job description / Role
JOB TITLE : Purchaser
DEPARTMENT : Procurement
JOB TYPE : Permanent
REPORTING TO : Operations Manager
To assume the responsibility to develop the procurement function to professionally execute the sourcing, placement and administration of purchases as and when required for the successful on time completion of all activities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Contribute and support the main procurement for the (OESC) for all associated fixed equipment and tooling requirements by assisting in the sourcing, evaluation, selection and approval of vendors.
• Liaise with vendors to negotiate, optimise and manage payment terms for the purchase of consumables and tooling selected on the criteria of price, service support and availability.
• Assist in the interpretation and analysis of Scopes of Work (SOW), enquiry documentation and assist in the preparation of all phases of the bid process documentation.
• Lead and support Requests for Quote (RFQ) for materials, products, equipment, supplies and services and provide a hands-on approach to all procurement activities.
• Interpretation of Bill Of Materials (BOM) / Bill Of Quantities (BOQ) in order to extract individual items or lower level structures or components for purchase.
• Source and develop relationships with vendors both in the local and international market place to enhance on-time deliveries and be proactive on long lead items and potential shortages to ensure customer satisfaction
• Develop and execute material sourcing strategies and negotiate integrated, robust but flexible supplier local / international contracts optimising quality, delivery and price in support of all facility operations.
• Accurate collation of all procurement documentation and information necessary to proactively liaise with other departments regarding forecasting, planning and supply.
• Support the development of a quality management strategy and appropriate systems and processes in accordance to the ISO 9001 and 14001 accreditation.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Time served in a mechanical / engineering discipline with a minimum qualification of a High School Pass, Training Certificate and relevant Licence/Permits as applicable for the position. Must come from a mechanical or electrical engineering background with experience in supply chain or procurement ideally in an internationally renowned engineering organisation. Must have a minimum of 10 years experience in engineering procurement management and a minimum of 5 years in the oil and gas energy sector. Must be proficient in procurement management software and all MS Office applications.
Excellent English verbal and written communication, interpersonal, organisational and time management skills with a proactive and flexible can do attitude and approach to work. Must be able to work and perform under own initiative with the minimum of amount of supervision and have a flexible approach to the operation and location of different machines, equipment and working hours.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work of the assigned job holder. However they are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills as all personnel are required to perform other reasonable duties outside of their normal responsibilities in support of the company.
About the Company
Oryx Engineering Solutions is a progressive, modern and newly established integrated engineering services solution provider located in Ras Laffan Industrial City, Qatar to support the rapidly changing, evolving and demanding needs of the Middle East and Africa's energy sectors; oil and gas, power and water, petrochemical, industrial and marine.
Our technical excellence and ability to deliver integrated 360o quality engineering solutions from design, reverse engineering, re-rating and repairs, means we can make your life simpler.
A Multinational Engineering Company
Coordinator - Logistics
Oryx Engineering Solutions
Purchasing and Procurement Manager
Green Gulf Careers
|Abu Dhabi||19 May|
Storekeeper / Purchasing