Job description / Role
Job Summary and Purpose:
Ensure that items requested by the vessel, the company, business partner and JVS are send quoted, approved, ordered and delivered in accordance to user requirement, in a timely manner and as per the applicable policies and procedures.
• Ensure the timely ordering of the day to day requisitions received from End User, by using the software used for the procurement and the supply chain.
• Monitor requisitions entered in Company’s software, Purchasing and Inventory System from vessels and generate ‘Request for Quotation’ from Approved suppliers, implementing Company’s relevant policies, procedures and initiatives.
• Analyze quotations on a value cost basis commensurate with Quality and availability in order to ensure cost efficiency.
• Raise ‘Purchase Orders’ once the End User approves the RFQ and track ‘Purchase Orders’ from Supplier via warehouses and freight forwarders till delivery on-board vessel.
• Assist the Accounting function for disputed invoices related to Material items and Freight forwarding.
• Assist the End User/ Superintendent in the preparation of the budget.
• Ensure the goods/services delivered is in compliance with International Rules and regulations applicable the End User, (SOLAS, Wheel mark, etc.)
• Report to the Head of Purchasing any specific vessel requirements.
• Coordinate the purchase of Lube Oil to the vessels in order to ensure smooth delivery without delays and issues.
• Evaluate in cooperation with the Marine Purchasing Officers & Head of purchasing various suppliers in order to maintain cooperation with the most valuable suppliers for the company.
• Monitor and manage suppliers’ performance and lead suppliers’ improvement programmes in order to enhance competitiveness and progress.
• Apply the most appropriate Purchasing strategies, including efficient procurement processes and supplier-base management, wherever possible ensuring fair and free competition between potential suppliers.
• Assist in providing reports on purchasing performance, through analyzing all available data and propose plans to the Head of Purchasing so as to meet individual, team or Supply department objectives.
• Arrange freight shipments, coordinate emergency repair needs, pick-ups and deliveries in a cost effective and timely manner to respond to customer needs and keep abreast of department of Transportation shipping regulations.
• Travel to conduct Vendor Audits as required by the management and the needs of the business.
• Maintain accurate records for audit trail purposes as per P&P of the purchasing section.
• Maintain appropriate records to ensure that the procurement process and the contractual agreements are accurately documented for accountability and audit purpose.
• Provide assistance in managing the administrative process from preparation of all documents till the award of the contract.
• Assist the Head of Purchasing in maintaining all related procurement documents and manuals.
• Assist in the preparation of Requests for Quotation, Initiation to Bid, Requests for Proposal and ensure timely dispatch of these documents to concerned parties.
Accountabilities - 2
Quality, Health, Safety, & Environment (QHSE):
• Adhere to all relevant QHSE policies, procedures, instructions and controls so that NAKILAT provides safe, world class, secure and environmentally responsible service to customers, the public and its own people.
Policies, Systems, Processes & Procedures:
• Follow all relevant departmental policies and procedures so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner.
• Work with other team members to streamline and optimize the related processes to improve the efficiency of the Section.
• Build and maintain healthy relationships with new and existing suppliers
• Carry out any other duties as directed by the immediate supervisor.
Qualifications, Experience and Job Skills
• Diploma degree in Procurement and Supply Chain preferred, or proven track record in the same position.
• Recognized international certification in Supply Chain or Logistics is a plus
• 2+ years of related experiences, preferably with similar experience.
• Past experience in a maritime sector will be highly considered.
Job Specific Skills:
• Good knowledge of marine environment.
• Computer literate with sound knowledge of SAP and Microsoft suite of products.
About the Company
Qatar Gas Transport Company Ltd. (known as Nakilat, which means carriers in Arabic) is a Qatari-listed shipping company established by the State of Qatar to own, operate and manage LNG vessels and to provide shipping and marine-related services to a range of participants within the Qatari hydrocarbon sector. Nakilat is an integral component of the supply chain of some of the largest, most advanced energy projects in the world undertaken by Qatar Petroleum, Qatargas, RasGas and their joint venture partners for the State of Qatar.
Nakilat was established in 2004 and is a joint stock company owned 50% by its founding shareholders and 50% by the public. Nakilat owns 54 LNG vessels, making it the largest LNG ship owner in the world. Our fleet of vessels transport LNG produced from Qatars North Field, the worlds largest non-associated gas field with approximately 15% of the worlds total proven reserves to global markets. These vessels, ordered from Korean shipyards, incorporate the latest technology for safe, reliable and cost-effective transportation of LNG.