Job description / Role
Primary Purpose of the Job:
• Responsible for establishing, publishing, monitoring and controlling the QA/QC procedures in compliance with the framework of approved CLIENT corporate policies, procedures and standards.
• Works in close coordination with CLIENT Senior Program Managers, Members of CLIENT Design Team and Construction Team, End-Users, Design Consultants, Contractors, various Committees and other CLIENT departments and external authorities to ensure that deliverables submitted by the Design Consultants and Contractors are in compliance with CLIENT Development Standard Framework, Design Contracts, Construction Contracts, applicable International Standards and the regulations of the Qatari authorities having jurisdiction in construction projects.
• Prepare QA/QC procedures based on the requirement of health facilities operators (end-users or clinical groups) within the framework of approved CLIENT corporate policies, procedures and standards, and applicable Qatari laws, regulations of the Qatari authorities, and appropriate international standards;
• Update QA/QC procedures based on the changes to the requirement of health facilities operators (end-users or clinical groups), CLIENT corporate policies, procedures and standards, and new Qatari laws or amendments of the existing Qatari laws, and any changes to the regulations of the Qatari authorities and international standards.
• Distribute new or updated Q8JQC procedures to the members of the project team, HFD staff, and end-users.
• Perform audits and ensure proper implementation of QA/QC procedures by the members of the CLIENT project team, design consultants, project/construction management consultants, and contractors/sub-contractors.
• Review deliverables submitted by -the -Design Consultants and Contractors and ensure that these deliverables are in compliance with CLIENT QA/QC procedures and the regulations of the Qatari authorities having jurisdiction in construction projects.
• Liaise frequently with health facilities operators (end-users or clinical groups) and get the update on changes to the requirements which can lead to update of CLIENT Development Standard Framework and Design Standards.
• Liaise frequently with CLIENT departments (Strategic Planning, various Committees, End-user departments etc.), and get the update on changes to the CLIENT corporate policies, procedures and standards, and Qatari laws which can lead to update of CLIENT QA/QC procedures.
• Coordinate frequently with the authorities having jurisdiction in construction projects, and get update on changes to regulation of these authorities which can lead to update of CLIENT QA/QC procedures.
• Conduct workshop and training to project team members, other HFD staff and end-users to ensure that project team members, other HFD staff and end-users have better understanding and knowledge of CLIENT QA/QC procedures.
• Response to the queries related to the HMG QA/QC procedures, and ensure that the issue has been thoroughly clarified to the level that person who raised the query has clearly understood without any further doubt or query.
• Perform other related duties and assignments as directed.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Bachelor Degree in Architecture, Engineering or similar.
• ISO 9001 Certified
• Minimum 15 years' experience in QA/QC management of large-scale construction projects particularly in the Middle East.
• Possesses excellent leadership skills and ability to lead, supervise and motivate.
• Have excellent planning, decision making, problem solving and organizational skills.
• Must have thorough knowledge of industry / international standards, and ability to interpret for specific application within sphere of relevant disciplines.
• Communication &negotiating skills as well as an ability to work in a multicultural team environment must be well developed and proven.
• The job holder assumes full Q/QC management responsibilities for execution of a wide range and significant and prestigious number of concurrently running Projects during design and construction stages.
• Works within the framework of approved corporate policies, procedures and standards, while exercising a high degree of independence in selecting methodologies to perform QA/QC management responsibilities and tasks, and in providing expert advice on a wide variety of systems, processes and procedures related issues.
• Evaluate and provide solutions for particular, critical project I program management systems, processes, and procedures related issues.
• Review and recommend resolution of particularly complex and non-routine problems, or provide viable alternatives.
• Review and critically assess a range of options for a given problem, and recommend one acceptable solution from a range of options.
About the Company
Qatar Project Management (QPM) is an independent subsidiary of Barwa Real Estate Development Company that provides expertise in Project Management, Design Management, Construction Management, and Contract Administration together with other associated Project Management functions. Established in 2008, QPM is centralized platform for provision of Project Management services to Barwa and Qatari Diar as well as local and international markets. QPM provides these services through an in-house team of highly-skilled, motivated, and qualified professionals supported by state-of-the-art information technology and highly-effective Project Management systems.