Job description / Role
• Ensure that contractually specified quality and regulatory/certification requirements are achieved.
• Plan and direct activities concerned with development, application, and maintenance of quality standards for processes, materials, and products.
• Develops and initiates standards and methods for inspection, testing, and evaluation, utilizing knowledge in engineering fields.
• Plan and track, quality control objectives, timelines, priorities, and resources.
• Review and verify test protocols, test plans, quality control plans and project data.
• Supervise project quality management activities and ensure compliance with Inspection and Test Plans and associated specification and contract documentation.
• Identify, analyze and resolve problems and issues with quality assurance and control.
• Review engineering deliverables with regards to Quality/Inspection & Testing input (Specifications, Datasheets, Material Requisitions, and Material Approval Requests).
• Maintain good communication and coordination with the client Quality team and attend Quality Meetings related to the project.
• Monitor and report Quality issues; identify and document non-conformances and ensure that corrective actions are carried out promptly and effectively.
• Ensure close-out of Inspection/Audit recommendations.
• Provide orientation training for the key project personnel.
• Develop a strong KPI-based performance evaluation system for subcontractors.
• Develop a quality culture within the organization by implementing best practices from Total Quality Management (TQM)and Six Sigma methologies.
• Should hold a degree in Civil Engineering.
• Should have at least 15 years experience, with the last 7 years in a senior role in mid-sized contracting companies in Qatar.
• Professional memberships and relevant trainings or certifications would be an added advantage.
• Should have excellent planning, organizing, communication & presentation skills.
• Should be adept at decision making, problem solving and negotiation.
• UPDA/MMUP registration is a must.
• Exposure to and experience of implementing Total Quality Management System (TQM) & Six Sigma practices is a must.
About the Company
Shelter Group is a leading general contracting construction and engineering support services business operating as a "one-stop" house.
For over 40 years, Shelter has executed hundreds of projects in the Middle East and Gulf regions. Across a wide variety of sectors, engineers, designers, builders, planners, project and facilities managers work hand in hand to exceed our clients' expectations.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
QAQC Manager - International Contractor
|Saudi Arabia||22 Nov|
Manager, Project Quality Inspection
|Saudi Arabia||28 Jan|
QA QC Manager
Quality Manager - Grade A MMUP
QA/QC Manager - Hotel