Job description / Role
The ideal candidates must have hands on experience in various welding inspection with in depth knowledge in dimensional inspections .He must hold CSWIP 3.1 welding inspector certificate and the relevant experience in similar field minimum 5 years as QA/ QC inspector.
• Apply knowledge of welding principles, metallurgical properties, base and welding materials to ensure conformance to the specifications and that all welding filler metals used are as specified for material.
• Ensure that all weld, welder and welding activities are correctly specified and carried out in accordance with the relevant international codes, client specifications and applicable company welding procedures.
• Inspection of all welder qualifications, raw materials and mill test certificates.
• Inspect and test all welded joints of work for visible defects, correct dimensions, joint strength, bead formation, weld penetration, and conformance with layout, blueprint, and work order specifications.
• Coordinate and review all testing: non-destructive testing (Fluoroscopy, X-ray, Auto UT and MPI) stress, pneumatic, service and hydrostatic testing as and when required and record accurately all inspection data.
• Mark and analyse all defective work and recommend scrapping or methods of reworking and prepare non-conformance report with recommendations for remedial actions to be implemented to improve standards.
• Manage workloads and prioritise resources to ensure that all work is completed on time and to the company standards and clients expectation and in compliance with all HSE policies, practices and procedures.
• Maintain a high standard of personnel / workshop / equipment / machines and tooling cleanliness and ensure that all technical / inspection reports are completed and filed in accordance with company standards.
• Contribute to the continuous improvement of practices/ procedures / productivity / quality and HSE and assist in the selection, induction, training, performance management and personnel development of staff.
About the Company
Oryx Engineering Solutions is a progressive, modern and newly established integrated engineering services solution provider located in Ras Laffan Industrial City, Qatar to support the rapidly changing, evolving and demanding needs of the Middle East and Africa's energy sectors; oil and gas, power and water, petrochemical, industrial and marine.
Our technical excellence and ability to deliver integrated 360o quality engineering solutions from design, reverse engineering, re-rating and repairs, means we can make your life simpler.