Job description / Role
The QHSE Lead Auditor is accountable for the provision of audit and investigation services relating to Quality Health, Safety, and Environment activities to facilitate continuous improvement of the QHSE management systems within the company, ensuring compliance with relevant legislation.
• Be accountable for managing the completion of risk-based QHSE audits as approved in the QHSE Audit Plan and conduct other audits ensuring effective implementation of findings and corrective actions
• Follow QHSE audit group protocols in recording and maintaining audit documentation and use of standardized templates centrally capture information to facilitate accessibility by the HSE audit team
• Regularly report the progress of audit activity against audit plan and follow-up of outstanding issues and provide status reports on agreed actions and expected dates of completion
• Liaise with regional management and attend meetings as required to discuss HSE Audit and Assurance matters and relevant issues.
• Conduct complex, sensitive, and confidential ICAM investigations in line with best practice and standards and produce high-quality output relating to incidents affecting the HSE risk profile of Essential Energy
• Lead and facilitate investigations with the aim of identifying, recording, and ultimately correcting systemic, behavioral, and organizational system deficiencies
• Produce trending information and high-level diagnostics and analysis of investigations through time to facilitate systemic control development and ensure a risk-based approach is applied
• Facilitate system improvement opportunities through the accurate and timely identification of contributory factors and corrective action relating to safety incidents or near hits
• Foster open and honest safety incident reporting through the promotion of the principles of fair and just culture and the consistent application of the Incident Cause Analysis Method (ICAM).
• Strategic participation in the review, development, implementation, and monitoring of business Safety and Environment Management systems to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements
• Provide strategic input in the annual development of the QHSE Audit Plan and other QHSE plans through analysis, the recommendation of HSE initiatives ensuring the inclusion of objectives and targets.
Reporting and Continuous Business Improvement
• Prepare high-quality reports for circulation to the Board, senior management, and relevant stakeholders and ensure the reporting of investigations/audits is maintained according to the company’s records management policies
• Work with business stakeholders to establish, align, implement and improve governance, analysis and reporting frameworks for audit and investigation processes
• Promote compliance to health, safety, and environmental policies and strategies to managers and staff and provide expert advice to continually improve safety and environmental performance in a just cultural environment
• Facilitate organizational and management system improvement through analysis of identified high-risk activities using contemporary investigation and audit methodologies
• Specialized Professional with extensive experience and knowledge in ISO 9001, ISO, 14001, and OHSAS18001/ISO 45001 and in incident investigations from scene processing through to report delivery and outcome measurement (audit)
• Demonstrated experience in managing and conducting audit and assurance functions in a Health Safety and Environment focused organization
• Demonstrated exposure to just culture principals and contemporary accident investigation methodologies
• Demonstrated experience and working knowledge of ISO 9001, ISO, 14001, and OHSAS18001/ISO 45001.
• Strong knowledge of the issues affecting Health, Safety, and the Environment in the maintenance facility within Qatar.
• High level of analytical skills and interpretive capabilities to identify causal factors and recommend corrective actions and continuous improvement programs
• Demonstrated ability to manage complex workplace relationships to ensure health and safety and environmental information can be obtained, analyzed, and communicated to senior managers and other relevant stakeholders
• The ability to document incident scenes through photography, measurements, notes, and diagrams
• Excellent skills completing and managing the audit life cycle
• Knowledge in using databases and corporate systems for storage, reporting, and analysis of health, safety, and environmental-related information
• Strong skills in computer operations and business systems including Microsoft Office suite of applications, particularly MS Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, and Project.
About the Company
A leading Facility Services in Qatar.
A Leading Facility Services in Qatar
A Leading Real Estate Company In Qatar
Health and Safety Manager - Museum Construction
|Abu Dhabi||11 Jan|
SSHE Assistant Manager
HSE Engineer - High Rise