Job description / Role
• Ensure all products are thoroughly checked. This is to ensure company quality standards are maintained consistently.
• During the process, it is critical that the products are checked properly and free of any damages.
• React to damages and action accordingly in order to ensure no delivery delays.
• Assist After Sales Service Department in achieving 3% or less customer complaints per month. Ensure customer satisfaction is given the top most priority at all times
• Is vigilant and checks thoroughly for product damage and communicating to Warehouse Supervisor
• Work with the Team to deliver high quality products to customers within the agreed time
• Show urgency in addressing customer complaints by listening to the problem and working towards finding a positive solution
• Ensure customer receives high class service and takes the time to explain to the customer any guidelines applicable to operating the product
• Know the fabrics, textiles, woods and materials of furniture sold in the Store. Maintain an up to date knowledge of products, especially with regards to handling and care of the products, in addition to any special Features and Benefits (F.A.B’s)
• React to damages and action accordingly in order to ensure no delivery delays
• Check quality of all furniture for delivery as per the delivery schedule thoroughly. Ensure all products dispatched are of a high quality following the Quality Control checklist
• Place products awaiting delivery, back in correct locations after being checked
• Repair furniture items for delivery as identified efficiently and on time.
• Assist in actioning customer complaints within 48 hours
• Package items sufficiently to ensure safe transit to customer’s home
• Assist Delivery and Assembly Teams with loading and unloading of delivery items to ensure that all items are placed safely and without any damage
• Report all issues and concerns to the Warehouse Supervisor
• Understand and be able to assemble the products in order to assist the Delivery and Assembly Team when required to make deliveries
• Assemble products to the required company standards, following the correct assembly procedures
• Understand all policies, procedures and processes pertaining to Quality Control, this includes understanding product inspections followed by recommended actions
• Treat customers and Team members with professionalism and with respect
• Use proper manual handling practices when loading and unloading products, keeping safety in mind
• Display correct use, care and safety of tools and equipment to prevent any injuries and damage to any products
• Store all tools and equipment safely when not in use
• Pre and Post check of the tool box to ensure the contents are accounted for and are in proper working order
• Maintain clean and tidy uniform standards and ensure personal hygiene
• Maintain a safe working environment. Adhere to Health and Safety policies in the work place
• University Qualifications: High School Diploma or equivalent
• Nature and length of previous experience: 2-3 years experience in a similar role within Furniture Retail Industry
• Communication Skills (Verbal, Written)
• Decision Making and Judgment
• Furniture Assembly, Carpentry/Woodworking
• Problem Solving
• Product Knowledge
Soft Skills and Personality Traits:
• Attention to detail
• Personal Motivation
About the Company
Al Mana is one of the largest and most diversified groups in the region, operating over 55 companies in 8 countries and employing over 3500 personnel. Industries that we operate in include automotive distribution and services, real estate and investments, retail and luxury fashion, F&B, engineering, technology, media and entertainment. The group covers most areas of retail including luxury goods, beauty, fashion, home interiors, watches and jewellery. Operating over 300 outlets, Al Mana represents some of the largest and most successful brands in the world.