Job description / Role
- Provide specific Quality support to the Senior Quality Managers.
- Draft and/or review any Quality related documents as required.
- Attendance at relevant meetings as required.
- Effective and timely Quality reporting to the department/project managers.
- Ensures that Projects constructed are as per specification.
- Overall responsibility for Quality Assurance & Quality Control for all relevant activities within the Project Department.
- Review and ensure that Quality principles are incorporated and applied.
- Provide progress reports as and when required.
- Identify, develop, and ensure that Programmes include all Project required Quality policies.
- Advise, guide, and support managers in the implementation of Quality practices both on-site and within the office environment. working closely with stakeholders to ensure that Quality procedures and policies are being applied on a Programme and Project level.
- Development of the QA/QC management plan and ensuring alignment with Project requirements.
- Provide technical support on all QA/QC issues and lead the team to develop QA/QC procedures and plans.
- Ensure implementation of quality standards and control.
- Implementing Quality Management System.
- Responsible for preparing and establishing the Quality system procedures in line with ISO 9001:2015 QMS Requirements.
- To ensure that quality objectives are identified, documented, and made available to all work groups in compliance with ISO 9001:2015 QMS requirements.
- Review Monthly Quality reports and provide feedback and advice.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Minimum of 7 years post-graduate experience, 3 years of proven direct experience in Quality in major infrastructure projects or programs. preference will be given to roads, aviation, structures, or rail-related experience.
- Experienced in interaction / working with Public Authorities regarding Quality issues.
- Knowledge of the Qatar construction market.
- Expertise with MS Office applications.
- Demonstrable history in the delivery of large multidisciplinary projects.
- Well-versed in quality improvement techniques, resolving issues, carrying out root cause analysis, and non-conformance investigations.
- In-depth knowledge of Quality procedures.
- Technically proficient in all aspects of Quality.
- Effective in building good working relationships within complex structures, both internally and with various project stakeholders.
- Experienced in witnessing sampling and testing activities and in reviewing and approving test reports.
- Bachelor of Engineering from a recognized University in an appropriate field
- Certified QMS ISO 9001: 2015 Lead Auditor
- Excellent communication skills in English, written and spoken
- In-depth knowledge and experience of Client & Government procedures.
- Client-side experience
- Qatar Valid Driving License.
- Chartered Membership or Certification from International Quality Bodies (CQI or ASQ)
- Master’s degree in a relevant field.
- Arabic language skills.
- Experience working in Qatar and/or the Gulf region.
About the Company
CDM Smith provides lasting and integrated solutions in water, environment, transportation, energy and facilities to public and private clients worldwide. As a full-service consulting, engineering, construction, and operations firm, we deliver exceptional client service, quality results and enduring value across the entire project life cycle.
Senior Quality Engineer
Quality Assurance & Control Expert
Joinery QA/QC Engineer
MAYKS HR Consulting
Senior Civil Engineer