Job description / Role
• The Quality Manager provides management direction, and includes administrative and supervisory responsibilities, involving all quality activities on several small to medium sized projects and/or programs, or functional areas to ensure that products or services provided are in accordance with customer and the company Quality requirements.
• The Quality Manager provides leadership to quality professionals and the development and implementation of Quality systems, procedures, and related quality activities.
• Regularly interacts with senior-level representatives from a variety of functional groups, including program management, design / engineering, purchasing, construction, and other personnel.
• Provides Quality Systems leadership using the ISO 9001 Standard as the basis for process development and optimization, procedure development, data collection and reporting and Quality Systems training.
• Interfaces at senior and executive levels with regard to ISO 9000 process improvement and re-engineering.
• Develops and maintains Quality Policy, Processes, Procedures and related documents.
• Reviews Quality Manuals, documents, and implementation procedures to verify compliance with industry codes and standards, regulations and regulatory commitments.
• Participates in Client pre-bid, bid or contract planning and preparation.
• Plans and executes required audit activities (schedules, plans, reports, finding resolutions, etc.).
• Performs and adequately documents Internal Quality Audits of assigned office, projects and job sites, and manages all related follow-up activities.
• Audits conducted to assure compliance with the company standards, contract requirements, and applicable codes, specifications and drawings, including but not limited to: Design, Engineering, Estimating, Procurement, Project Controls, Vendor / Subcontractor Management, Receiving, Handling & Storage, Construction, etc.
• Facilitates all internal and external Quality audits and briefs management with the results.
• Effectively documents, follows-up and closes corrective actions – both internal and external.
• Analyzes findings / issues / non-conformance identified during audits to determine program quality and identify performance trends.
• Analysis includes all available oversight results, both internal and external, and trending data.
• Handles qualification audits of suppliers of purchased items and services.
• Assures audited activities meet the company’s quality program, and Client quality requirements.
• Performs quality engineering reviews of design documentation for compliance with stated requirements, including vendor quality manuals and company quality records.
• Promotes safety awareness including adhering to safety rules and requirements.
• Participates, as needed, in safety field audits and assessments.
• Reviews from a quality perspective (and approves if required) documents prepared by internal or external organizations such as quality manuals and procedures, technical deliverable, test plans and procedures, purchase orders, and subcontracts.
• Collaborates with management for interface on Quality activities with internal or external organizations (customers, suppliers, subcontractors, and others).
• Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
• Degree in Engineering, Business or Quality discipline or related field (or equivalent work experience) and typically 15 years of related work experience in the field of Quality, including 7 years experience in management capacity. Lead Auditor certification (ISO 9001 or equal) or ASQ certification (CMQ/OE, CQA, or CQE).
• Membership in a nationally recognized Quality organization.
• Professional Engineer registration. Other related certifications may include, but are not limited to: Building Inspector, DOT.
• Possesses working knowledge of more than one area of industry such as infrastructure, government, aviation, process, or transportation.
• Requires management ability and knowledge of Quality Management practices, processes and current technology.
• Requires thorough experience in directing and implementing quality management systems and standards specified by ISO 9000, ASME, ANSI, ASTM and similar organizations.
• Requires the ability to communicate clearly, conduct presentations to management and interface effectively with a diverse group of professionals.
• Proficiency in analyzing situations in business terms, i.e. ROI, cost per unit, etc.
• Strong interpersonal skills to work with other departments in a tactful and effective manner.
• Strong leadership and management skills, excellent written and verbal communication, strong analytical, problem solving, and risk assessment skills.
• Ability to make public presentations.
• Computer proficiency with advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Products, including Word, Excel, Power Point, Access and Visio Project.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.