Job description / Role
Implement and execute the cost control system for the project sites and the contract packages, manage and maintain costs for the project sites and contract packages.
• Participate in evaluation and recommendation of appropriate Cost and Value Consultant(s) to client for the project.
• Undertake cost analyses for project work.
• Perform risk and value management and cost control.
• Evaluation of tenders.
• Assist in prequalification process
• Assist Identify, analyse and develop responses to commercial risks.
• Provide advice on contractual claims including EOT and costs.
• Validate the value of completed work and coordinate for arranging payments.
• Measure and validate quantities and costs for variations
• Negotiate and agree on variations for both quantities and costs with contractor.
• Register and review all drawing issues for all quantity and cost implications
• Assist the Commercial Manager to negotiate and agree close out of final account with contractor
• Attend regular site meetings with contractor to discuss variations and monthly valuation
• Advise client on anticipated final completion budget and any remedial action to be taken.
• Draft final accounts.
• Conduct regular follow up with cost and value consultants and contractors on QS aspects.
• Attend project meetings and represent the PM team on all QS issues and actions.
• Conduct regular site inspections.
• Attend meetings with client for all QS aspects during project.
• Advise the Project Manager and client on cost variance issues and suggest and get approvals on remedial actions.
• Interface with client to respond to queries on estimating procedures, latest costs etc. Comply with the clients requirements for governance.
• Prepare various site QS reports, including estimating reports, cost reports, etc.
• Maintain standard unit price costs based on actual performance.
• Bachelor Degree in Construction Management, Construction Law, Quantity Surveying or similar discipline
• Minimum 15 years post qualification relevant experience in similar position
• Member of a recognized institution or organization i.e.. (RICS)
• Project budgeting
• Project cost control
• Cost management control techniques and tools
• Value engineering
• Construction project management methodologies
• Cost reporting systems
• Claims prevention
• Earned Value Techniques
• Standard Methods of Measurement
About the Company
Qatar Project Management (QPM) is an independent subsidiary of Barwa Real Estate Development Company that provides expertise in Project Management, Design Management, Construction Management, and Contract Administration together with other associated Project Management functions. Established in 2008, QPM is centralized platform for provision of Project Management services to Barwa and Qatari Diar as well as local and international markets. QPM provides these services through an in-house team of highly-skilled, motivated, and qualified professionals supported by state-of-the-art information technology and highly-effective Project Management systems.