Job description / Role
• Experience in major infrastructure projects or programs.
• Preference is given for roads, drainages, major building projects or rail experience
• Contracts Management experience, including resolution of contractual matters.
Experience in Contract types including:
• FIDIC and Government forms
• Review on budget estimates and cash flow.
• Preparation and update of elemental and detail cost plans.
• Assist in tender evaluation
• Cost monitoring and reporting
• Preparation and valuation of progress and final payments.
• Technical auditing
• Provide Quantity Surveying support related to the project(s)
• Prepare / review Bills of Quantities in a timely manner
• Provide assistance in verifying claims, payments, variations, addendum, extension of time contractual issues in accordance with Authority policies and guidelines for projects
• Liaising with End-user Department and other discipline to resolve and close actions
• To continually seek and capture lessons learned from the cost, financial, and procurement processes and use this intelligence to alter the process, tools and systems in order to improve the approach to delivering the projects
• Provide cost reporting for project(s)
• Review and make recommendations on payments in a timely manner
• Final settlement claims and assist in contract close-out procedures
• Track all commercial actions to ensure completion in a timely manner
Performing quantities verification at site to ensure:
• All parties comply with project payments established procedures and their alignment to the latest PWA Projects Payment Procedures Manual;
• Certified value of works and materials on/off site are in line with Contract provisions and latest client Projects Payment Procedures Manual;
• The works/quantities or materials certified by the Engineer/PMC/ Consultant do not exceed the executed works on site.
• To check the quantities executed and the materials delivered in the final accounts for all projects and compare them with the quantities in the As-Built drawings of the Projects (if required in accordance with the contract provisions)
• Technical auditing
• Recommend necessary corrective action(s) for inconsistencies, errors and noncompliance with the Contract provisions and latest client Projects Payment Procedure Manual.
• Preparing report, reviewing & managing reports provide by team members; related to Quantities Verification task.
• Performing follow-up quantities verification at site to verify implementation of the proposed corrective action.
• Preparing report of the follow-up quantity verification.
• Checking and processing day to day all types of payments for client Projects.
• Provide advice on the issues raised by the client Departments regarding the payment clauses in the contract documents.
• Assist in contract closeout procedures.
• Checking Final Accounts.
• Should have a BSc degree in QS or equivalent from recognized university with MRICS or MAIQS professional qualification (QPM will not consider candidates holding associate or entry level MRICS/MAIQS).
• Master’s Degree preferred
• Shall have minimum of 15 years demonstrable postgraduate experience in all facets of the Quantity Surveying profession; all of which shall have been applicable to the capacity of a professional Quantity Surveyor working in a professional Consultancy practice or Employers’ organisation.
• Extensive knowledge and experience in procurement methods for consultancy and construction contracts as well as International contracting conditions and laws.
• Preferably, have minimum 5 years’ experience in the gulf region
About the Company
Qatar Project Management (QPM) is an independent subsidiary of Barwa Real Estate Development Company that provides expertise in Project Management, Design Management, Construction Management, and Contract Administration together with other associated Project Management functions. Established in 2008, QPM is centralized platform for provision of Project Management services to Barwa and Qatari Diar as well as local and international markets. QPM provides these services through an in-house team of highly-skilled, motivated, and qualified professionals supported by state-of-the-art information technology and highly-effective Project Management systems.
A Leading Engineering and Construction Company in Qatar
Estimator / Quantity Surveyor
Doha Petroleum Construction Company (DOPET)