Job description / Role
• Participate in evaluation and recommendation of appropriate Cost and Value Consultant(s) to client for project site.
• Assist Project Control Manager to establish client requirements, conduct feasibility studies, past estimation reviews and cost estimations.
• Undertake cost analyses for project work.
• Perform risk and value management and cost control.
• Advise on procurement strategy – make or buy analysis.
• Prepare and analyze costing for tenders.
• Support tendering including bills of quantities, bids evaluation and allocating work to contractors and sub-contractors.
• Assist Identify, analyze and develop responses to commercial risks.
• Provide advice on contractual claims including EOT and costs.
• Value completed work and coordinate for arranging payments.
• Measure variations quantities and costs
• Negotiate and agree on variations for both quantities and costs with contractor.
• Register and review all drawing issues for all quantity and cost implications
• Negotiate and agree close out of final account with contractor
• Attend regular site meetings with contractor to discuss variations and monthly valuation
• Advise client on anticipated final completion budget and any remedial action to be taken.
• University degree from a recognised university in an appropriate field such as Quantity Surveying, Commercial Management, Construction Management or equivalent;
• Excellent communication skills in English, written and spoken; and
• Driver’s License.
• Professionally qualified in MRICS or equivalent is preferable; Master’s degree in a relevant field;
• Arabic language skills is an added advantage; and
• Experience of working in Qatar or the Gulf region.
About the Company
Qatar Project Management (QPM) is an independent subsidiary of Barwa Real Estate Development Company that provides expertise in Project Management, Design Management, Construction Management, and Contract Administration together with other associated Project Management functions. Established in 2008, QPM is centralized platform for provision of Project Management services to Barwa and Qatari Diar as well as local and international markets. QPM provides these services through an in-house team of highly-skilled, motivated, and qualified professionals supported by state-of-the-art information technology and highly-effective Project Management systems.
Senior Quantity Surveyor
Senior Quantity Surveyor
Quantity Surveyor for a Project Management Company
Senior Quantity Surveyor - Main Contractor