Job description / Role
Quantity Surveyor (MMUP Classified Engineer)
Generous Tax Free Package
Digby Morris' client is a highly respected employer in the Qatari market. A privately owned main contractor which employs about 5000 employees entirely in Doha, the company has been operating for about 30 years and has a turnover in the region of $600m per annum. It is largely involved in traditional D&B construction projects including hotels and high rise commercial projects as well as residential and industrial projects.
• To prepare quantity take-offs, and tender proposals in support of bid submissions..
Role & Responsibilities:
• Calculate all labour, plant, material and sub-contractor requirements of bids.
• Evaluate supplier and sub-contractor quotes and prepare quotation comparisons.
• Cross-check Clients' BOQ against tender drawings and specifications.
• Negotiate contract terms with suppliers and sub-contractors; prepare letters of Award and sub-contract agreements.
• Draft contractual letters to the Consultant and client.
• Identify and calculate all variations, and prepare variation reports for management.
• Evaluate and recommend valuation of suppliers' and sub-contractor's Variation claims against the company.
• Prepare monthly payment applications to the client.
• Review and confirm all sub-contractor invoices and payment requests and forward to the Project Manager for final approval.
• Prepare initial cash flows and monitor cash flow progressively.
• Take a lead in establishing and maintaining cost control procedures and assist in the formulation of financial reports to management.
• MUST be MMUP Classified Engineer in Qatar holding Grade A Certificate
• Engineering or Construction Degree or HND with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in the preparation of estimates and Bills of Quantities for or Contract Administration of major civil, commercial, residential and industrial projects.
• Knowledge of different methods of measurement and cost analysis.
• Excellent computer skills, able to work with standard software programs 1 .e. Excel, Word, MS Project, Estimating specific software etc.,
• Thorough knowledge of contracts, able to identify and rectify contract deviations or deficiencies.
• Familiar with standard construction contract language, procedures, claims and variations, correspondence.
• Excellent written communications skills.
• Ability to work with a diverse multi-cultural workforce.
• Must be flexible enough to fit into a site based or Head Office based team.
About the Company
Digby Morris one of the first choice recruitment consultancies operating within the property and construction industry. Offering expertise in executive search & selection, contingency recruitment, interim management and contract placements as well as a comprehensive range of specialist consulting services, we understand that every clients requirement is different and tailor each project to our clients\\' needs.
We specialise solely in the placement of property and construction professionals from graduates to senior managers, partners and main board directors. To date our clients have included:
- Private Practices
- Leisure Operators
- Financial Institutions
- House Builders