Job description / Role
Quantity Surveyor – Post Contract (Marine, Infrastructure & Buildings)
• We are looking for Quantity Surveyor(s) who can work from their own initiative, are hands on, flexible and adaptable to work as part of a specialist team in a post contract role. It is important that the Quantity Surveyor(s) also possess strong pre contract skills as part of their all-round skillset for future workload.
Specific responsibilities are as follows:
• Feasibility studies (cost per key, cost per m2 etc);
• Cost Planning and estimating (BCIS and NRM1);
• Value Engineering, cash flow forecasts, Whole Life Costing, risk management;
• Bills of Quantities production (NRM 2, POMI and CESSM3);
• Tender services including compilation, tender analysis, negotiations and recommendations;
• Contract drafting.
• Post Contract:
• Management of bonds, insurances and guarantee logs;
• Interim valuations and payment certificates;
• Variations analysis, recommendations and management;
• Risk and value management and cost control functions;
• Identifying, analysing and developing responses to commercial risks;
• Preparation of progress/ cost reports;
• Experience with utilising various forms of contract and contract administration support
• Reporting to Senior Quantity Surveyor on all commercial issues;
• Attendance and representation at commercial meetings;
• Costs analysis of project work;
• Capture lessons learned and use in improving various tools and processes to improve the approach in delivering projects.
Experiences and Qualifications:
• Solid post contract experience on measurement, valuation and change control;
• Experience in delivery across Infrastructure (roads, bridges, civil works) and Building projects is essential;
• Experience with Marine works is preferable;
• RICS APC status and seeking to become MRICS (preferably close to final interview);
• Degree in Quantity Surveying from recognised UK or similar university;
• Preferably consultant experience for minimum of 4 years';
• Knowledge in the use of QS software CostX or similar is required;
• Demonstrate strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills;
• Able to work on own or managing a team for project deliverables as the project dictates;
• Possess good project background and proven English language technical writing ability and skills
About the Company
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers' needs, our vision is to:
- focus on quality
- seek world class design and excellence
- strive to add value
- be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).