Job description / Role
- Prepare the preliminary estimate of the client brief which will allow the client to know whether what he is proposing is within his financial capability or not.
- Advice on tendering and contractual arrangements taking into accounts the client's priorities and information available from designers.
- Prepare tender and contract documents in conjunction with the clients and members of the design team.
- Advice on use and/or amendments of a standard form of contract or contribute to the drafting of particular requirements in association with the client's legal adviser.
- Advice on shortlisting prospective tenderers.
- Investigate tenderers and advise the client on financial status and experience. Attend pre-contract interview with tenderers. --- Arrange delivery of documents to selected tenderers.
- Also, quantity surveyor in the pre-contract stage have to check the tender submissions for accuracy, level of pricing, Advise on errors and qualifications and, if necessary, negotiate the offers, Advise on submission of the program of work and method statement.
- Prepare appropriate documentation if necessary, to adjust the tender received to an acceptable contract sum, Review the financial budget in view of tenders received and prepare revised cash flow, Prepare tender reports with the appropriate recommendation.
- Preparation of Tender document (bill of quantity (BOQ), condition of a contract, articles of agreement.
- Advise the client on the best procurement method to be used.
- Value engineering in collaboration with other consultants to ensure that the client gets value for his money.
Bachelor's Degree in a construction-related discipline (e.g. BSc Quantity Surveying or BSc Construction Management).
Specific Skills required
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Sound contractual knowledge and understanding of contract administration
- Excellent communication skills - both written and oral
- Ability to work under pressure whilst maintaining strict deadlines
- Determination to drive the procurement process
- Proactive approach to all facets of pre-award activities
A minimum of 5 years' post-qualification experience in a pre-award environment
About the Company
WATERMASTER is a 40-year-old, market-leading company that specializes in water-related projects encompassing Wellness & Pools, Water Features, and Water/ Waste Water Treatment. With over 6,000 completed projects around the world and three branches in Lebanon, Qatar and UAE, we have the in-house capabilities and resources to undertake and deliver turnkey projects from A to Z in the role of a complex solution provider.
Quantity Surveyor for a Project Management Company
Site Quantity Surveyor - Infrastructure
Power Systems & Information Technology (PSTech)
Senior Quantity Surveyor - Consultancy
Senior Quantity Surveyor
Al Jassra Group