Job description / Role
Execute the day to day Quantity Surveying duties on the project and assisting in all related commercial and contractual requirements by being commercially aware of protecting (BOTC) interests in respect of claiming all monies due to works executed, changes, delays and claims.
- Record and monitor all site activities and costs being expended on the project.
- Measure, value, submit and negotiate contract variations.
- Provide advice to project staff on commercial and contractual matters including reviewing and drafting of correspondence
- Prepare, submit and negotiate project interim valuation and final accounts.
- Prepare sub-contractors payments and record/monitor of all site works.
- Preparation of monthly commercial reports in conjunction with PM and site team.
- Reconciliation of materials and works executed during the month.
- Assist in preparation and adherence to project purchasing targeting and costing budgets.
- Communicate regularly with project staff and specialist subcontractors to ensure commercial controls are in place, understood and followed at all times
- Manage and produce accurate formal reports in accordance with business timetable
- Supply all relevant information to the Project Manager/ Senior Quantity Surveyor and/or Contracts Manager for review at the specified intervals set.
- Assist the Project Manager / Senior Quantity Surveyor and/or Contracts Manager with a range of other duties as may be required from time to time.
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering or Quantity Surveying is a must.
- Minimum 5 years of work experience in Infrastructure and Roads Company.
- Experience in the assessment of claims and variations on major civil works, Utilities, infrastructure and roads projects.
- Good knowledge and experience of contract forms related to major Civil Works projects
- Ability to recognize contractual obligations of both the company and its subcontractors.
- GCC experience (in particular of Qatar would be an advantage)
- Good knowledge of infrastructure methods and materials.
- Ability to time-manage, set priorities and work to strict deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Responsiveness to clients’ needs
About the Company
Bin Omran Trading and Contracting is a Grade "A" Qatari Contracting Company, which specializes in project management, construction, execution and Design Build for road works and infrastructure projects.
BOTC is highly committed to continuously upgrading its performance to keep pace with the emerging needs of the market and ultimately achieve client satisfaction. BOTC recognises that its success comes from and is attributed to its engineers and staff. Without their commitment, ingenuity, and hard work, BOTC would not be the success story it is today or the company we are striving to be tomorrow.
BOTC has a long history of delivering its projects on time, within budget and to the high quality demanded by the client. These are the traditions that made BOTC valued by its clients, and as our CEO, Dori Labaki says: "The road to a successful partnership is paved with guaranteed quality and unrivaled professionalism. Here at BOTC, we have secured an award-winning reputation with our clients built on mutual respect and shared value, and have grown into a leading business institution in Qatar. It is with this confidence that we look forward to many more years of prosperity ahead."
Quantity Surveyor - Infrastructure Contractor
Rider Levett Bucknall
Senior Quantity Surveyor - Roads & Infrastructure
Bin Omran Trading and Contracting (BOTC)
A Leading Property Developer