Job description / Role
• To provide a training and assessment/quality control service to ensure all engineers / apprentices are developed and consistently deliver to the standard required by the relevant qualification awarding body Qatar Rail.
• To develop & provide technical content, process, systems for training and assessment to ensure technical staff are competent to work near a railway (metro, tram, long distance) and carry out investigations to the required standards
• Develop and deliver high quality, effective technical training courses as required including planning (session), delivery, evaluation (self, individuals, companies, peer group and course evaluation).
• Develop, deliver and support projects, documentation and modification programs.
• Ensuring competence standards of railway safety critical & typical work is correctly and continuously applied.
• Drive future continuous improvement in both standards and processes and provides advice on rules and regulations.
• Ensuring all third-party companies & relevant individuals are trained, assessed and certified.
• Registers/logs, courses, and all related information are kept up to date, follow-up invitations and notifications are issued in time and certifications are submitted.
• Ability organize courses, meetings, workshops, assessments.
• A minimum of 6 years of documentable experience in fields of railway training programs.
• Knowledge of railway construction and operations (metro/tram/long distance) and applicable Rail Industry Standards.
• Experience providing sessions similar to ‘Personal Track Safety Course’.
• GCC experience is beneficial. Local experience is beneficial.
• Experienced & qualified as Trainer/Assessor/Verifier with detailed knowledge of rules and regulations, accident investigation.
• Preferably possesses a Trainer Techniques Qualification.
• Degree of Civil Engineering or other related engineering discipline
About the Company
Qatar Project Management (QPM) is an independent subsidiary of Barwa Real Estate Development Company that provides expertise in Project Management, Design Management, Construction Management, and Contract Administration together with other associated Project Management functions. Established in 2008, QPM is centralized platform for provision of Project Management services to Barwa and Qatari Diar as well as local and international markets. QPM provides these services through an in-house team of highly-skilled, motivated, and qualified professionals supported by state-of-the-art information technology and highly-effective Project Management systems.