Job description / Role
Through Parsons’ engineering and construction management services, we deliver innovative, safe and sustainable infrastructure in Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Qatar, Oman, Bahrain and Kuwait. Our focus is on delivering air, rail, road and highway transportation; water conveyance and/or wastewater treatment; and land development and public infrastructure to our clients and your communities. Parsons creates interconnected communities and world class infrastructure.
The RAMS Specialist will be responsible for undertaking the specification review and delivery of Reliability, Availability, Maintainability and Safety (RAMS) activities to enable the successful and safe implementation of the rail systems project across all asset types and phases of the lifecycle, including assessment and development of project scope through commissioning and handover into service.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review RAM and Safety documentation and analyses produced by the Rail System Contractor and its subcontractors, in accordance with contracts’ requirements and project lifecycle defined in EN 50126. Ensure that the Contractual performance requirements are met by the Contractors.
- Review the Contractor’s RAMS related plans to ensure that the contractors define and implement efficient and robust Safety and RAM Management processes.
- Review the software safety analysis and deliverables, and perform audits of the software development processes to ensure that the Contractors’ design and implementation is in accordance with EN 50128, allocated SIL levels and satisfy Contracts’ requirements.
- Review of the Contractors’ Hazard Logs and RAM Predictions Analysis, Spare parts calculations.
- Participate in collaboration with the Operator and Rail Administration in preparing the Systems Availability Monitoring Plan.
- Participate in tests and review the system and subsystem test reports to ensure that the design requirements are correctly implemented.
- BSc/BEng degree in Engineering and at least 10 years of work experience are required. Alternatively, 8 years of work experience and a MSc/ MEng degree are required.
- 5 years of experience as RAMS Manager or Senior Engineer on large rail systems design and build projects.
- Specific experience with RAMS analysis and risk identification.
- Ability to balance academic engineering and practical delivery
- Good written and verbal English communication skills.
- Ability to identify potential problems and propose solutions.
- Ability to work well within a team of mixed nationalities.
- Experience in Microsoft applications.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.