Job description / Role
The Manager – Real Estate/Projects reviews, continuously improves and manages the process of Entity’s designation of buildings and periodic renewals of the Entity’s designated status. The job holder provides guidance, support, and service to all prospective, new and existing Entity’s licensed companies in procuring and managing leased commercial space in suitably approved Entity designated premises.
Manages the above with a view to offering clients a streamlined and fair process, while protecting and developing Company’s commercial interests through potential for additional revenues through such services that support its core activities of creating a framework for and promoting Qatar as a destination for business that attracts new economic activity and investment.
Reviews and supports the further development of Company strategy in relation to real estate in Qatar to assess and consider establishment, regulation, and management of a seamless process for enlisting entity designated premises and assisting prospective, new, and existing entity’s clients to acquire and retain (renew) appropriate commercial space on lease for their offices in such premises; and related commercial arrangements & revenue prospects for Company.
• Reviews the process of entity designation of buildings and considers the potential for periodic/annual renewals of the entity designated status
• Conducts property evaluations and technical due diligence, as required
• Collates all data required for designation of new buildings and coordinates submissions by the landlord/ entity licensed company to the entity for approval of new buildings.
• Lays emphasis on regulations introduced by Qatar Civil Defense (QCD), which require buildings to have their QCD approvals periodically/annually reviewed, as well as adherence to other entity norms as certified by appropriate and timely inspections
• Identifies and assesses options to generate revenues from the designation process
• Supports the above by developing and maintaining (with regular/monthly updates), a user-friendly database of all the designated buildings with readily available updated information on:
- Building name/address (e.g. street/zone names and No.)
- Building age
- Landlord point of contact
- QCD expiry date
- List of entity’s licensed companies in the building and database of the lease including term, expiry date and rental charges
- No. of floors; total leasable area; availability (floors/sqm); car parking ratio
- Office specification/finishes–i.e. shell & core, CATA, fitted or serviced office
- Up-to-date quoting terms (rent, service charge and utilities)
- Organises re-inspection of the buildings and renewal of entity designation to take place in accordance with QCD expiry dates.
- Implements entity building designation renewal that require further consideration, including:
- Impact of periodic renewals on occupier’s leases, set time frame to remedy the reasons for potential loss of designation or extending the timeframe for periodic review and in the worst case, managing the process if a building loses its entity designation and resulting requirements for entity licensed companies occupying space in such buildings to relocate
- Develops norms for and implements charges to landlord’s for renewal of the designation, this could be an annual fee or fee payable upon designation or renewal.
Real Estate Services to Entity’s Clients:
• Assists companies establishing a presence in Qatar as a entity licensed client to source suitable premises in a streamlined and effective manner - on favorable terms, within the context of the prevailing market conditions, as well as within the time frames and operational requirements of the company's operations.
• Supports the prospective and new entity clients in the drafting of standardised requests for proposal (RFP) to submit to the landlords of the shortlisted QCF designated buildings with terms that form the basis of lease (new and renewal) negotiations.
• Arranges inspections (by clients) of the short-listed properties, as required.
• Assists in the final negotiations to secure favorable terms in the context of the prevailing market conditions on the preferred option.
• Supports management of the leasing process and final transaction, reviewing lease documentation in conjunction with the entity client and their appointed legal advisors.
• Follows a similar process will to lease renewals as outlined above for the acquisition services
• Advices management in ensuring adherence to organization strategy, by using international best practices and previous experience in the Real Estate and related sectors.
• Coordinates closely as an internal service provider with Business Development, Commercial Departments; as well as with Procurement, Facilities Management and Finance Departments.
• Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Business Administration, Commerce, or other related business discipline.
• Appropriate industry recognized certifications/licenses
• Minimum of 8 years of relevant experience in real estate appraisals, property/facilities management and outsourcing or similar role.
• Industry experience and knowledge of property regulations, licenses and certifications would be an advantage.
• Demonstrate good leadership skills and the ability to win trust and get the best out of people.
• Establishes and builds relationships with internal and external stakeholders
• Displays independence and integrity in decision making and business judgment.
• Excellent facilitation and communication skills to manage diverse groups of people and personalities to work towards a common goal.
• Can handle highly confidential information in a strictly professional manner and always maintains professional demeanor.
• Good interpersonal skills - the ability to work with teams both inside and outside the organisation and establish and maintain positive working relationships.
• Business acumen, commercially minded – an ability to do systems thinking and to understand how different areas of the organisation relate to one another and to support and drive initiatives that enhances the organization’s effectiveness, excellence, and revenue growth
• Experience in client lifecycle and end-to-end value proposition related projects.
• Anticipates, understands and responds to the needs of internal and external clients to meet or exceed their expectations within the organizational parameters
• Strategic, operational planning and analytical skills with attention to detail.
• Property management, planning skills and ability to multitask and respond to a variety of demands.
• Understanding of Company regulations and environment would be an advantage.
• Demonstrates a balanced mix of creative and analytical approach in a problem-solving environment.
• Results focused for clients and organization objectives. Ability to drive change.
• Negotiation and conflict-management skills
• Thorough understanding of creating and maintaining budgets
• Open to new ideas, ability to research best practices and implement them.
• Self-motivated and takes initiative.
• Demonstrates high standards of honesty and trustworthiness.
• Excellent command of English with good written and oral communication skills.
About the Company
A leading Financial Organization in Qatar.
Project Manager (Villa Project)
Ignite Search & Selection
Project Manager Construction - Hotel/Resort
A Leading Financial Organization in Qatar
|Abu Dhabi||30 Sep|
Construction Project Manager
MAYKS HR Consulting