Receivable Accountant Assistant
Qatar Gas Transport Company (Nakilat)
Job description / Role
Job Summary and Purpose
• Assist in handling all accounts receivable activities through accurately processing invoices to customers for services provided by QGTC, its subsidiaries and Joint Ventures in a timely manner and as per applicable agreements and procedures.
• Ensure Customer accounts are accurately updated in the SAP Customer Master with necessary details and any subsequent changes are promptly updated.
• Verify, generate and distribute customer invoices from SAP according to the respective customer account with supporting documents, post securing applicable approvals.
• Prepare all invoices and ensure they are sent to customers on or before the agreed timeline after obtaining the necessary approvals.
• Provide timely replies to customer queries.
• Constantly follow up with the customers when the invoices are overdue and investigate the reasons for the delay.
• Ensure amount invoiced is received in full and any discrepancies should be highlighted.
• Perform day to day financial transactions, including verifying, classifying, computing, posting and recording accounts receivables’ data.
• Reconcile the accounts receivable ledger to ensure that all payments are accounted for and properly posted.
• Facilitate payment of invoices due by sending bill reminders and contacting clients.
• Prepare and generate reports detailing accounts receivable status for monitoring and control purposes.
• Maintain accounts receivable customer files and records.
• Assist in preparing reports requested by Head of Financial Services / Accounting Manager / CFO.
• Assist the internal and external audits with their requirements.
• Oversee and review accounting and related system reports for accuracy and completeness.
• Safety, Health, Environment & Quality (SHEQ):
• Adhere to all relevant SHEQ policies, procedures, instructions and controls so that NAKILAT provides a safe, world class, secure and environmentally responsible service to customers, the public and its own people.
Policies, Systems, Processes & Procedures
• Follow all relevant departmental policies, processes and procedures so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner.
• Carry out any other duties as directed by the Receivable Accountant.
• Accounting Policies & Procedures - Beginner
• Audit Management - Beginner
• Collaboration & Team Work - Basic
• Customer Centricity - Basic
• Drive Vision - Basic
• Empower & Nurture Talent - Basic
• Financial Risk Management - Beginner
• General Accounting Processes - Beginner
• Interactive Communication - Basic
• Professional Accounting Standards - Beginner
• Solution Oriented - Basic
• Achievement Oriented - Basic
Key Result Areas
• Implement accounting practices and procedures
• Maintain financial security by establishing internal controls
• Compliance with all accounting standards
• Interactions and Working Relations
• Department mangers – to provide assistance on accounting matters, related to QGTC, its Subsidiaries and JV operations.
• Deal with personnel at Subsidiary organizations and joint venture partnerships – to close on accounting-related issues
• Interact with the customers for resolving queries.
• Auditors - to provide relevant financial material for audit purposes
Qualifications, Experience and Job Skills
• Diploma degree in Accounting or any related field.
• 1 - 3 years of related experience in a similar position, preferably in a similar industry
• Job Specific Skills:
• Knowledge of accounting and financial principles and tools (International Financial Reporting Standards, GAAP etc.)
• Knowledge of SAP related modules.
About the Company
Qatar Gas Transport Company Ltd. (known as Nakilat, which means carriers in Arabic) is a Qatari-listed shipping company established by the State of Qatar to own, operate and manage LNG vessels and to provide shipping and marine-related services to a range of participants within the Qatari hydrocarbon sector. Nakilat is an integral component of the supply chain of some of the largest, most advanced energy projects in the world undertaken by Qatar Petroleum, Qatargas, RasGas and their joint venture partners for the State of Qatar.
Nakilat was established in 2004 and is a joint stock company owned 50% by its founding shareholders and 50% by the public. Nakilat owns 54 LNG vessels, making it the largest LNG ship owner in the world. Our fleet of vessels transport LNG produced from Qatars North Field, the worlds largest non-associated gas field with approximately 15% of the worlds total proven reserves to global markets. These vessels, ordered from Korean shipyards, incorporate the latest technology for safe, reliable and cost-effective transportation of LNG.